Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 665 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Powerful, Reliable, and Great Looking
By Fordtrucks#1

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 10,0000 miles on my F-150 FX4 in the 7 months since I got it. I wanted a reliable truck to take to college, & I am sure this truck will get me through college and then some, which I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. The 5.4l V8 has great power along with good gas mileage for a truck(I avg. 15-17 mpg.) It's very sharp, and I have got lots of compliments on its looks at my high school. I am at 87k miles and no problems whatsoever. The interior and exterior are the sharpest of any truck I,ve seen, and the ride is very smooth to. I am very pleased with my truck, and my next truck will definately be a Ford.

Exterior is extremely sharp. Interior is sharp, comfortable and practical. Power adjustable pedals are cool. 5.4l V8 performance is great. FX4 Off Road decals are sharp, and it does well on/off road. Overall quality is great, and it is a very reliable truck.

Heavier duty seat cloth would be nice, other than that this style of truck is flawless.

Not what I expected from Ford
By em_libra62

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new in 03 when the new body style was announced. Loved it then. Now have apx. 75000 miles on it. AC not working correctly, does not cool well. Have had trouble with drivers window, back passengers window and the sliding rear window. Had to have the sunroof replaced due to the frame "cracking". It's a nice truck, but expensive to keep running. It has been reduced to my weekend car.

Looks, ride, power, fun to drive.

Ford needs to recall on its electronics.

Buy American made? Ford ads are lies
By Craig

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Same as most reviews. Ford has failed. Looks are great, but deceiving. Transmission issues from day 1 with same response from dealership, "couldn't find a problem". Now big problems post warranty. Rear differential - truck shudders upon takeoff from a turning start. 1st Ford needed new engine. Guess I'll buy foreign. So what if economy worsens and jobs are lost, atleast I'll have a truck that runs. Ford has lost all integrity

looks. Versatility of 4 door

Install another companies transmission. Ford trans are knowingly an issue for decades!!!! But then again, we still have political elections.

not bad so far
By t

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just now started driving the truck so far so good. lots of room and nace looks. when you punch it its slow as ever with the 5.4L. I love the deep bed and looks. I never owned a ford so idk what to expect. its deffantaly not a race truck.

looks, smoothness, ride quality

more power, closer radio panel, better a/c vents, lift the front up some too much nose diving

SKIP THE F-150
By hillbilly

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck with 40,000 miles on it. It is a nice looking truck but looks are deceiving. It drives nice and rides good but the motor went out at 86,000 miles. The 32 valve 5.4 triton is a total disaster V-8 design. The overhead cam wore a keeper off of a valve and it fell into the cylinder ruining the motor. I opted to buy a used engine and still spent over $3,000 getting it back on the road. Also, the rear suspension is soft for hauling heavy loads. Truck now has 107,000 miles on it and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Another thing the front end brake rotors are garbage. I finally went to a salvage yard and got a set off a 07 model and so far are much better quality.

Overall appearance, ride, and quietness on the highway

New motor, Brakes, more comfortable seats, better rear suspension.