2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Watch Out
By Ford No More on 07/12/05 21:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned for 6 months, 1 recall for bed. At 2500 miles new rotors on front and at 10,500 new motor. 5.4 lower engine problem. Underpowered and terrible gas mileage. Last Ford for me since I'm a business owner and breakdowns cost me time and money.

Nice truck with many styles
By jetfighter on 06/15/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like their CD review of truck frame comparing it to others (Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan). It appears to be built so that the frame is more solid than the others are, which has to be good. Overall, I would have to say that it is an impressive truck. But I have not driven the others only read reviews and I have only had this one for a bit, so only time will tell on the quality.

2004 Ford F-150
By Bob Pozzi on 05/20/05 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

First long trip with truck was a joy to drive; many miles of comfort and smooth highway driving. I am glad I bought it.

Best Truck Ever Built
By FordAllTheWay on 05/12/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It was between this FX4 and a Hemi Ram, but this truck in my opinion won hands down. It puts out more then enough power on the street and would be very hard to get stuck off road. I will be buying another in a year or two.

My Truck
By jdevonshire on 05/07/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

The truck has more bells and whistles than I was looking for but the price was good. I enjoy the feel and comfort of the ride but now would perfer to have four doors instead of the door and a half setup.

Right On!
By Derek on 04/11/05 22:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is one awesome truck! As a matter of fact you tend to forget you're in a truck! Ride is by far the best all around. I've driven them all because that's what I do for a living; nothing compares to what this machine does for you. Many onlookers and challengers everyday and with that alone, I'm glad I got my truck!

Bad Engine Hesitation/Shutdown
By Disappointed on 04/10/05 01:55 AM (PDT)

Bought this truck in late July'04 and had to replace rear end the next week. Three months later I noticed a BAD engine hesitation/shutdown as I climb steep grade hills (Rocky Mountains). Taken in 5 or 6 times but the problem is still there. Dealership is dumbfounded by it and has no clue what to do. There is a rattling in my front door panels on cold mornings that last until it gets above 60 degrees. VERY ANNOYING. Other that that I love my truck. It's got the power you need and the speed to take on anything. Not sure what others are saying about no power off the line.

Yellow STX in TX
By henry on 03/20/05 04:04 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 98 XLT x-cab (great truck) for a 2004 bazing yellow STX x-cab, stepside that is loaded with goodies like, 3:55 posi, foglites, tow package, 17" alloys, factory tint, power pedals, factory running boards, sliding rear window, 6 disc in-dash premium sound, cruise, and carpet. I was used to the XLT pkg; in comparing the two, all this STX lacks is power windows and a tach. They both have a 4.6 v8, the `04 has 30 more hp hooked to a 3:55 posi, by far better traction.The`04 is heaver, yet much more responsive, safer and surefooted.The new F-150 feels more solid and confident than it did before. I always thought Chevy trucks were the most solid, well-built, until I drove both of them (`04). While the Chevy has better front seats,the Ford was more user friendly.

Superb Ford Truck
By JasenG on 03/15/05 10:02 AM (PST)

This is my seventh Ford vehicle and after a blissful, 3,700 mile cross- country trip, will undoubtedly not be my last. I have never had any problems with a Ford car or truck and my latest F-150 is no exception. The rugged styling, luxury-car ride quality, and smooth performance, makes the 2004 F- 150 the modern-day truck enthusiastís ultimate and overwhelming choice. The new fully boxed frame and outboard mounted shocks lends to the demise of the harsh, stereotypical ride. The interior is comfortable and stylish and gone is the drab, plastic looking console of the previous models. One test drive will persuade all hesitant truck buyers and ensure the Ford F-150 dynasty.

a few details.......
By Trucker Bob on 03/10/05 14:28 PM (PST)

The 2WD Lariat F150 2004 model is great. A few details and it woud be perfect. Needs more interior storage, pockets, etc, the center console is just a single huge area without any dividers. No underseat storage either. Otherwise great, mileage ok, but not great; 14 in town 16 - 17 on the road. Pretty good for a heavy pickup. Acceleration good, not great though. Handling is great, brakes also great. Tires ok, Goodrich Long Trails. Interior design very good. BUT, where's the cassette player?