Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Lemon Truck
By Vincent G. Manikan

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up my brand new F-150 Lariat 4X4 on 30APR04 and at 108 miles(11 hours old), it died! Until now it is still being worked on. The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) & the fuel pressure regulator sensor had been replaced. Now there is a "transmission malfunction" and the odometer, speedometer, and the overdrive is not working. It's a total LEMON!!!

Favorite Features

I like the exterior design, the interior is the best! Would be the best medium sized truck overall if the engine runs as it should.

Suggested Improvements

Test the vehicle prototype extensively for defects & proper operation prior to production & marketing!

Best truck on the road
By arnie o

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Anyone considering a truck, save time and just get the Ford. Toyota has no business calling the Tundra a truck - can't handle the road at all. Dodge and Chevy good, but this truck has it all. Ride and handling outstanding and looks slick doing it. Have owned 6 trucks, this is by far the most amazing.

Favorite Features

Looks and handling. Whether empty or loaded, you control the truck and not the other way around.

Suggested Improvements

Not a thing!

6 months of hard drivin'
By brad randall

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely the finest machine I've owned....It impresses me more than my first new car, (1967 390 Mustang GT ), which I thought could never be matched in quality ,or, guts. Ford put their heart and soul into this one!

Favorite Features

Console shift...torque...horsepower... looks

Suggested Improvements

ashtray a little cantankerous...

This truck gets stares and head turns
By Christopher Young

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

For the 3 months I have owned this vehicle, I have been extremely pleased.I got what I payed for and then some. Operating noise levels are great! I have taken several long distance trips (8 hours) and it does great on the highway with excellent comfort.I can get 18 mpg highway. 20 mpg with tailgate down.City driving definitely sucks the fuel.It handels well in mountainous,curvy driving.(Blue ridge mountains) It grabs the road and you don't feel any swaying on sharp turns. This is a great buy!

Favorite Features

Driving performance, quiet operation, comfort, fun to drive overall.

Suggested Improvements

Turn signal on mirrors should be placed so both front and rear drivers can see it blinking. Ie extreme bottom of mirror. Passenger seat electronic adjustment. Individual push button rear domelight operation like in the front

I love our new truck
By CODY

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have no complaints with it i love my truck. After 3months my backup sensors went out and i had to add something for the rattling..i just 2 days ago put a fabtech 6' lift...it doesn't even look like the same truck. im now waiting to buy the 2005 F-250 and give my wife this truck

Favorite Features

design is awesome. its roomy for when i start a family. faster then my old 2001 F-150

Suggested Improvements

better fuel milage..im not getting what they said i would. I'm getting 11.5