Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Chevy and Others Bow To THE KING
By FordMan

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a red SuperCrew with tan interior, tow package, two-tone lower gold and of course the 5.4 3-valve with the 3.73 gears. The truck has performed superbly. Originally it was a rental and had 12,000 miles which tells you it wasn't used with the most care, but the interior, exterior etc. showed almost no signs of wear. The truck has never let me down. The only thing "bad" that happened was it needed a new starter. The interior has top-notch quality and design much better than other trucks. The exterior is muscular and tough. The 5.4 performs with awesome power. The brakes had to be replaced at about 30,000 miles but I drive mostly city, unfortunately. It does get 13-15 miles in town.

I love the looks, ride, control, comfort, power and everything. Especially the 5.4 and advanced suspensions. It drives and handles extremely well. No truck can match this in comfort, control and superiorness. Nissan has a little more power & room, Chevy has nothing, Dodge has HEMI, Toyota has nothing.

The only things I think should be changed are the rear bench should be about 2" higher off the floor for more comfortable seating position. And the standard Continentals are junk! Get Nitto TerraGrapplers and the steering vibration at 60-75 will disappear. Any truck could use more power and economy right?

'04 SUPERCREW
By stlyeside

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is for the laid back truck lovers as well as the weekend warriors. I think this truck is classy enough to go out to a nice restaurant or go four wheeling. The bottom line it's a nice truck! I was not one to buy a Ford but once driving it I was sold. If you want a truck this is your best choice.

The best things about this truck is the cab quietness and the ride. The interior is the best in the full-size truck class.

The gas mileage, I think I get around 14 to 15 miles to the gallon. Right now it's tuff driving it.

F-150 Crewcab
By MACTEP

The 2004 F-150 SuperCrew holds the road well, offers a solid ride and comfortable room for five. Still, it leaves room for improvement.

Nice styling.

Offer a longer truck bed. Stop using cheap plastic for the interior. A/C is very weak. Noisy brakes.

Poor Rear end
By J. Mazzola

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The original equipment tire that Ford uses for these trucks are passenger rated not LT rated. Although the ride is great for the first 20 to 25k miles, I noticed poor ride quality happening gradually as the tires lost tread. Try to find these sizes (255 70 17) is impossible. The rear end as a whole should be Ford's focus on it all. The pinion gears and seals seem to be a low quality. Transmission is rough in down shifting from highway speeds.

The truck appears to be tilted from the rear to the front that make it appear to be gigantic while following. 4.6L V8 is enough for all kinds of towing.

Need to work on tranny and rear end. Also Ford should use 265 70 17 for tire sizes due to lack of production in OEM size.

Great truck - work or play
By Keith

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many other trucks, but this is by far the most quiet, smooth, and comfortable vehicle I have ever owned (car or truck). The inside design is fantastic and my passengers have a tremendous amount of room and are truly impressed with the vehicle. I have hauled over 3700 pounds of brick pavers in the bed twice and the strength of this truck is impressive. My last Ford truck had 238,000 miles on it and I am confident this 2004 will be just as reliable and look just a nice when I trade it in many years from now.

"Ford tough"... I have proven this advertising statement on my own. This truck gets more airtime than my cell phone yet not a single squeak, rattle, or any other noise inside the cab.

Because I spend hours everyday in this truck I have added a Cellport 3000 voice-activated phone system but a DVD navigation or possibly an XM radio would be a nice touch as well.