2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Cant take it anymore!
By eddie on 03/19/06 18:39 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned Ford trucks since 1994 and have been happy with every design except this one. The seats are like sitting on a park bench; the material will show something as small as a water stain. The 4.6 liter engine would have trouble pulling a dead snake out of a ditch. If you happen to get something stuck in the middle of the bed get ready to climb in the back. I just don't see how they can go from a truck as good as the '97-'03 to this. By the time you read this it will be trade bait! What a shame!

My Lariat
By Miniracer on 02/16/06 22:58 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A previous Chevy owner of over 30 years, I tried a Ford. This one had it all. Moon roof, power sliding rear window, even the windows on the extended doors are power. Stereo system is fantastic. The light color leather interior against the wood grain is striking. Everyone love this truck in and out and the two tone paint. It is reliable, powerful when hauling horse trailers, the ride is incredibly smooth. The construction is all they say it is. All the systems seem to work just fine.

2004 F150
By michaeltk1 on 01/21/06 00:44 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has the standard 4.6 that has good power and torque but could be better. It is an XL model but came with a lot of standard features. It is minimal but it's what I like. But with a family of five I have to make sure everyone is comfortable when we all have to go in it and it does that well. I have only had one issue and that was with the trailer wiring and I will have to pay for that one myself because I didn't discover the defect until after the warranty expired! A longer warranty period would be nice. Overall it has been over 52,000 uneventful miles. I am planning my next Ford truck purchase and it will be an F250 or 350.

Always Ford Tough
By Red on 01/18/06 19:39 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I spent a little more money on the Ford instead of other brands out there because in 5 years from now I don't want to be spending any more money. It is an amazing vehicle and always will be.

Great Truck
By T Roach on 01/15/06 22:00 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I can comfortably seat five adults for all but the longest trips. I added chrome step pipes to improve the truck's lines and to make it easier for us shortys to get in. My wife loves driving it too. With the 5.4L, I average about 16 mpg in mixed driving. Best highway performance has been about 18 mpg. However, the comfort, towing and hauling capacity, and reliability offset the slightly lower fuel mileage.

They could have done better
By Joe White on 01/04/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has nickel dimed me to death, thank God for the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Brakes fixed 3 times for vibration before they came out with new and improved rotors. Intermittent problem with the climate control system powering off (not fixed yet). Air conditioner just cool, especially in the South. Gas pedal replaced for bad noise, Tail light assembly replaced (filling up with water), Stereo volume surge which they say they can't fix, cheap paint job. Just to name a few.

nice family truck
By daarka on 12/30/05 12:06 PM (PST)

I replaced my 1977 F150 with this new F150. Other than the name, there is no comparison. This is a luxury SUT in all ways. I can't think of another option I would add. On the road it gets 18 mpg (in Colorado mountains - that is saying a lot). In town I get 12-14 mpg. I have used it to haul supplies to work site, but it is mostly a commuter and grocery getter. It is comfortable and easy to drive. I like the high driving position to see ahead and all around me. It is a bit long to parallel park. I will keep this truck for a while (maybe as long as my 1977 - 28 years!).

Weight issues
By Passion on 08/21/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent truck in all aspects. I wish that automotive journalists would realize the weight of this truck is what makes it so able to do its job. The hefty structure is why the F150 performs so well in crash tests; it enables it to out-perform it's competition handily in load capacities, towing, off-roading and on road handling. Some of the extra weight is also sound proofing material which gives the F150 a very quiet ride.

Pig On Gas
By DaveN on 07/23/05 01:57 AM (PDT)

I bought this truck in Feb 05. I like everything about it. Great looks, style, ride and comfort. However the gas mileage is terrible. It's rated @ 15 city and 19 hwy. I got an average between 12 and 13 mpg until summer and using the A/C. I now average 11 to 11.5. Living in South FL with high gas prices this was a terrible choice for me. If fuel economy is a concern don't buy this truck. If style, ride and comfort are whats most important this is the truck to buy. I'm trading it in this weekend for a Honda CR-V and 24 mpg.

Wow!
By curio on 07/22/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

My 2004 FX4 SuperCab has been nothing short of outstanding. The power for a 5.4L was a little weak at first, but I added a new air intake system and now the output is amazing. The engine is only a part of the story, as the design, build, and quality is bar none the best I've ever encountered. It has the smoothest ride of any pickup I've owned, as well as the quietest interior. The interior and exterior looks are outstanding too. I wasn't sure if the SuperCab was going to have enough room in the back, but the leg room is just fine. Another fine touch is that the rear side windows roll down. This truck is a keeper for many, many years.