Used 2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

3rd Ford
By Chevis

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Ford P/U I have owned in the last 20 years. Both of the older Fords are still being driven. The oldest is a 1980 with over 150000 miles on it and the 2nd had 205000 when traded for the "new" 2004 Ford. The new truck seems to have sufficient power to pull a boat/trailer, with a ride that matches many autos.

Favorite Features

The 6-CD player works well, as does all interior buttons/switches. Obviously engineering listened to someone.

Suggested Improvements

The standard motors are sufficient, but I would have liked to have another 30 horsepower.

F150 4x4 4.6L
By hharle

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought it last week and only have 300 miles logged but I am enjoying this vehical. I just traded in a Grand Marquis with a performance package so even though they both have 4.6L engines the F150 doesn't accelerate nearly as well(it is also dragging around a 4x4 driveline though) but is just as quiet on the highway and "thats impressive".

Favorite Features

4x4 ; Backup sensing system (its worth every penny)

Suggested Improvements

400 hp engine with 450 ft lbs. of torque that gets 40 miles to the gallon.

Amazing, just amazing quality
By deckbuilder

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford 150 has proven to be an impressive surprise. I liked it on the test drive, and now that I own it, I am amazed. The frame on this thing is so rigid that the truck handles rough roads without the slightest squeak or protest. The truck steers and handles like a great car. The interior is solid as a rock, fit and finish are amazing, and everything works better than I expect it to. A rare treat- I got more than I paid for.

Favorite Features

Solid construction. Incredibly quiet interior. Well thought out details, like the counterbalanced tailgate. A suspension system that makes rough city roads seem smooth again.

Suggested Improvements

OK, but not great gas milage.

Slightly Dissappointed
By dissappointed

Overall, the truck has a great exterior styling. But the 4.6L V8 is sluggish even in the regular cab. I'm actually afraid to tow a car and trailer behind it due to the lack of low end torque and power. I'm not too impressed with the doors as well for the rear hinged door has already developed a rattle in the first two weeks of owner ship. The ride of the truck is exceptional, I have no complaints there. Interior is adequate for a truck. It fantastic for highway use and for putting stuff in the large bed. But for towing purposes forget it!!!!

Favorite Features

ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower and Torque!!!!!! The 4.6L just doesn't cut it!!!

Nice Truck
By Sharp

Overall I think its a nice truck. I don't know how its getting all of these 10's by other reviewers. I guess people feel better about a the truck they bought if they give it high ratings on everthing. One problem I've already had to take it in for is an oil leak. Another problem, which isn't a big deal, is that it seems like everyone in Texas has the same d@mn truck that I've got. But overall it is a nice truck.

Favorite Features

The interior features. The dealer was also very nice and helpful with the problems that I experienced.

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy is not very good.