2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford spark plug problems
By Jim on 08/16/07 13:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Really have liked the truck bought new and its many features. Truck is a supercab and it's very comfortable. However it's latest feature - spark plugs that blow completely out of the engine- have really changed my mind about Ford's build quality or lack thereof. Not only is it absurd that a spark plug can blow out of the engine but equally absurd how much it costs to repair. Ford recommends replacing the defective aluminum head with a new defective aluminum head rather than owning up the problem and recalling the many vehicles with their modular engine. Just search 'blown out spark plug' and witness the amount of complaints with both trucks and cars with this engine.

Wise choice
By murph302 on 07/21/07 23:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford new in 2004 and it is great. Even after 3 years its interior and exterior design has aged well. The powertrain is definitely underpowered when compared to the new trucks but it still holds its own. I have had no problems passing granny on the highway even while towing. The only real issue I have had with my Ford is the wiper cowl. I must have replaced it 3 times because the plastic clips keep breaking causing it to rattle on the highway (under warranty).

Dependable
By Dependible on 07/02/07 15:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. It has good power and it is a very smooth and quiet cab. While the fuel effeciency is poor at best, the truck is awesome.

Luv My Lariat
By WVJim on 06/28/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a used Lariat Crew 4X4. I love it! It handles like a car, much better turning radius than any other truck I've driven. I feel confident when I buckle my kids in the back seat that they are safe! I think my wife loves it more than I do.

Great Truck
By VIRGIL PRICE on 06/25/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. I bought it new and have only added dual exhaust, cold air, and a chip set at the low end of performance. What a difference these three items made. The truck is quiet and really a pleasure to drive. I will be getting another one this next month so I will have a new vehicle to pull behind my new motorhome.

First Year Woes
By slambertr on 06/06/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my '04 F-150. Overall it was a great truck -- plenty of power, tons of room. But I encountered two issues that came with the first year of the new design -- tires wore excessively and rear parking brake stuck and caused a vibration. The dealer replaced the tires the first time but refused the second time. The dealer initially refused to fix the brake -- and then Ford "shared" the expense with me after I repeatedly complained (the dealer did not share in the cost). Overall, it was a good owning experience. Very big to park in shopping centers and poor gas mileage, but I knew that going in. Pulled our camper and hauled lots of stuff, in a comfortable and fun package.

If you are looking for a real truck
By Ford Truckin on 06/03/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yes, you get less than 20 MPG. Yes, the suspension is hard, but if you want a real truck and all that implies, this is the truck for you. If you want a Lexus, go buy a Lexus. I love this truck. It feels strong and smooth on the highway, in town driving and hauling. If you need power all you have to do is press harder on the pedal. I love this truck and have had no problems at all.

The Limo of Pick-Ups
By SLORYDN1 on 04/29/07 21:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome! I love it. I had a 1997 F150 XLT when I purchased this truck, and as much as I liked the '97, this truck is 10 times better. I fail to see what all the complaints on the power are about. From 0-70 mph I can torch our Crown Vic Interceptors, and almost hang with the V6 Chargers we upgraded to. This is like driving a living room on wheels, it's so comfortable, and it is the vehicle I take on all of my long distance trips, poor gas mileage aside. I would recommend this truck to anyone needing a full size, yet comfortable truck.

Last Ford I'll ever own.
By Tom on 04/26/07 05:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I loved the truck for the first year, then it all changed. The paint is peeling, the spark plugs got stuck in the heads, the fuel pump went bad, the rear slips and whines, it passes everything but a gas station, and Ford will not stand by their products. I would like to trade in the truck for a Tundra, but the trade in value is too low.

Handsome Truck
By Roddy on 04/02/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. Three years old and looks new. No problems and good factory stereo.