2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Nice looking truck
By daniel valles on 10/02/07 22:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

The truck is fun to drive. It's very fast stock but if you throw some modifications it's even faster. The style, it looks mean. The interior is great. Suede seats, leather wrap steering wheel. The racing tires for better traction. The rims are very nice with SVT unique caps. It's just a cool truck.

Great Truck
By Michael on 09/18/07 12:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One the highest quality vehicle I have ever owned. Only major issues after 65,000 miles were a bad solenoid for the locking hubs and a temp gauge that is 6 degrees off. OE tires were borderline, and interior cloth stains quite easily. Interior quality was much better before they sourced this stuff out (yes, I worked at Ford years ago and still hold the competency of the truck group high). This thing has been down a lot of washboard dirt roads and on rough narrow two tracks and is still tight. K&E filter helped gas mileage a bit. Go with the 6.5' bed if you haul any lumber or want to use the bed for overnighters.

Very happy
By Bob on 08/26/07 18:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my 2004 F-150. We use to to pull our 30' camper and never have had an issue with it. People even stop me and say, "you pull that camper with that truck"? The drawback is the 8 mpg when pulling. I have towed from Michigan to Mammoth Caves, to Maine and to Virginia and never had a problem. The interior is very nice for a truck and the black trim holds up very well.

Ford spark plug problems
By Jim on 08/16/07 13:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Really have liked the truck bought new and its many features. Truck is a supercab and it's very comfortable. However it's latest feature - spark plugs that blow completely out of the engine- have really changed my mind about Ford's build quality or lack thereof. Not only is it absurd that a spark plug can blow out of the engine but equally absurd how much it costs to repair. Ford recommends replacing the defective aluminum head with a new defective aluminum head rather than owning up the problem and recalling the many vehicles with their modular engine. Just search 'blown out spark plug' and witness the amount of complaints with both trucks and cars with this engine.

Wise choice
By murph302 on 07/21/07 23:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford new in 2004 and it is great. Even after 3 years its interior and exterior design has aged well. The powertrain is definitely underpowered when compared to the new trucks but it still holds its own. I have had no problems passing granny on the highway even while towing. The only real issue I have had with my Ford is the wiper cowl. I must have replaced it 3 times because the plastic clips keep breaking causing it to rattle on the highway (under warranty).

Dependable
By Dependible on 07/02/07 15:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. It has good power and it is a very smooth and quiet cab. While the fuel effeciency is poor at best, the truck is awesome.

Luv My Lariat
By WVJim on 06/28/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a used Lariat Crew 4X4. I love it! It handles like a car, much better turning radius than any other truck I've driven. I feel confident when I buckle my kids in the back seat that they are safe! I think my wife loves it more than I do.

Great Truck
By VIRGIL PRICE on 06/25/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. I bought it new and have only added dual exhaust, cold air, and a chip set at the low end of performance. What a difference these three items made. The truck is quiet and really a pleasure to drive. I will be getting another one this next month so I will have a new vehicle to pull behind my new motorhome.

First Year Woes
By slambertr on 06/06/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my '04 F-150. Overall it was a great truck -- plenty of power, tons of room. But I encountered two issues that came with the first year of the new design -- tires wore excessively and rear parking brake stuck and caused a vibration. The dealer replaced the tires the first time but refused the second time. The dealer initially refused to fix the brake -- and then Ford "shared" the expense with me after I repeatedly complained (the dealer did not share in the cost). Overall, it was a good owning experience. Very big to park in shopping centers and poor gas mileage, but I knew that going in. Pulled our camper and hauled lots of stuff, in a comfortable and fun package.

If you are looking for a real truck
By Ford Truckin on 06/03/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yes, you get less than 20 MPG. Yes, the suspension is hard, but if you want a real truck and all that implies, this is the truck for you. If you want a Lexus, go buy a Lexus. I love this truck. It feels strong and smooth on the highway, in town driving and hauling. If you need power all you have to do is press harder on the pedal. I love this truck and have had no problems at all.