Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Nice Truck!!
By Ray

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my FX4 in 2007 with 78000 km's on it.Has been very reliable so far.Had to replace hub solenoid...just put new tires on it at 90000 km's..Very nice ride...very comfortable on long trips and gas mileage not bad for a 5.4 v8.Great in the snow in 4wd.Interior looks beats Dodge and Chevy big time!! Has more than enough power and torque for pulling boats and trailers. Great sounding stereo and 6 disk CD changer is awesome!..Moonroof is nice too..After reading some other reviews,,I guess I lucked out with mine and got a good one..But I baby it so that helps..have replaced front brakes and rotors..other than that..no issues at all...very happy with it!

Interior design and room...stereo...Moonroof...comfort and very smooth and quiet ride.4WD is great in the snow with all terrain tires...recommended over all season tires...big difference!...pay the extra money..you won't regret it!

Fuel economy.

Sweet
By Scott

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

great truck! I have had zero problems on it and its up to 120000 miles the truck runs great and I have put it threw alot of junk. It does amazing in snow and I can count on it starting in - 30 degree temperatures. I will not get anything but another ford for my next vehicle, but i don't plan on it any time soon because this truck wont quit.

Looks, Sweet shifter by the cupholders

make a lariat crew cab with a 8 ft bed

Ford Truck Owner for 33 YEARS
By Terry

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my first Ford 74 F-250 when I was 15 years old it was beat up. I am a general contractor in Chicago My currant 04 F-150 truck is used for hauling-family trips and it is versatile for all uses. I traded in a 03 for this 04. The ride is awesome, Rear diff. factory recall at 30k., only replacement has been brakes-tires until 158,000 miles, trans rebuilt,had the oil changed today at 168,000 mil (oil every 3000 to 5000 miles)and still running strong. All my Fords have been dependable and I drive-em hard. I was going to try a Chevy before I purchased this one but the new 03 Chevy was $1,400.00 more than this 04 Lariat. I will write another review when I hit 400,000 miles!!!!!

Heated Seats!!!! Sound System, Power Rear Window, Back-up Sensors, RIDE is unreal for a truck

Fords have always been alittle hard on brake wear!!! Engineers need to look at braking system design

Great Truck
By Sam

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Since I bought my truck in 2008 I've put a little over 50,000 miles on it. It has been an an excellent truck. I had a 1997 Ford F-150 4x4 and I must say a drastic improvment on Ford's part. The 5.4 liter Triton is an all around great motor. The overall performance of the truck is great. I take it to the family farm, the hunt club, home, jobsites, and college. It has done everything I want and more. I've even had to pull out jeeps, chevys, and Dodges at jobsites. The only thing extra I've put on it was a K&N and a bullydog system upgrade chip. Great reliable truck, I recommend the 2004 F-150 Lariat 4x4 to any one.

Exterior/interior look great. Plenty of space in the bed as well as inside the truck. Strong four-wheel drive(Had many many great chances but never been stuck). The highway ride is very smooth. Great truck for work and pleasure.

Durable stock brake rotors. It needs more power outlets.

81800 miles and no problem, almost
By mt

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck new in sep of 2004. I have put all 81000 miles on the truck. I had to replace both electric window mechanisms for 155.00 a piece did the labor myself. Brakes squeak when they get hot. Not a big deal. Truck runs just like new. I use mobil 1 oil and I don't use the truck much for hauling loads. Always starts, hot or cold, good fuel mileage 17/22. No leaks. I am still driving on the original michelin tires and they still look good.

Better fit of body panels. The gaps are too big. Especially in the tailgate. Too much plastic used.

• SUV