2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By Phil on 06/14/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 21000 miles I've had nothing but great driving. Put a little weight in the back and the truck drive super smooth although it's pretty good over bumps with the bed empty - much better than the Silverado. The interior design in pretty good although there isn't much storage space, particularly in the rear seating area. The fake wood trim is ok but could be replaced/optioned with carbon fiber like in the Lincoln version. My wife likes the adjustable foot pedals and the addition of a telescoping steering wheel would be ideal for those lacking in height. Overall, this is a great truck and worth the buy.

2004 FX4
By Dave on 06/14/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Although my wife thinks it's too big, I love getting in and driving to work every day.

My Dream Truck
By Gary Bradley on 06/04/05 08:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been more pleased with my 2004 Ford 150 than expected. I researched every truck model before selecting a Ford 150 and I made the right selection! The Ford 150 is a real winner!

2004 Lariat: Young owner's perspective
By BF on 06/03/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Ford F-150 4WD Lariat SuperCrew last November just in time for the Idaho winter with money received for my high school graduation. The truck is stable and able, rugged enough for offroad punishment and serious towing but offers good acceleration for city driving. The truck is very responsive in the wheel, but the gas pedal is rather sluggish which is forgiving in many ways but reduces the enjoyment of the drive. On highway drives the truck is pleasantly quiet and extremely smooth, absorbing most highway defects without the typical jostle of a pickup. However at speeds above 60mph the acceleration begins to lag and good timing is necessary when passing.

Best designed truck
By awol on 05/31/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

Traded a 1997 for the 2004. Big difference in ride and handling. I usually drive to work and back, sometimes carry a few to lunch. Great comfort. Loaded 1300# of sod on the weekend and pushed it up towards the cab. Hardly knew it was there. 5.4 Triton is powerful. Stops on a dime with change.

Limited Slip Differential Problems
By Never Buy a New Ford on 05/16/05 18:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford just rebuilt the 373 differential. Loud whine existed. Supplier was back ordered so must be a problem. Ford's lack of interest in helping to get this taken care of tells me that I'm done buying new Fords. (This is my 60th Vehicle! - not all Fords) Seating position is excellent but seats are rock hard making it difficult to go more than a few hundred miles at any one time without stopping to stretch your legs. Friends with the Lariat have had leather on seats replaced numerous times due to discoloration. Also having problems with sunroof system. Think twice before buying a new Ford Pickup!

Great truck
By Delivery on 03/25/05 00:07 AM (PST)

This is my first brand new vehicle and so far it's been a great buy. The new design is well accepted and appropriate as not to appear dated. While the truck has awesome power, performance is lagging due to the near 6000lb weight. Ford can do better to reduce the weight of the trucks in future models. The ergonomics are reasonably thought out but I always feel I'm reaching a bit too far for the radio/temperature controls, but I also sit as far back as the seat goes. The interior design is nearing luxury looks, with the wood finish and chrome, although you can spend much more for looks on new Lincoln Mark LT, or whatever it's called.

Totally New Ford
By Ken on 02/25/05 09:58 AM (PST)

Plenty of towing power. Good gas mileage for a truck (17.5 highway). Lots of room and very quiet and comfortable.

this is one of the best
By cypress ford on 01/31/05 21:21 PM (PST)

Had my truck for a while now and though it may be slower than the competitors, it is certainly more of a truck. It's comfortable and quiet. My mother has MS and we needed a truck and this is the only one with a good enough ride and that was quite enough for her. It is also the best looking in my opinion. Simply the best I think in almost every way.

Satisfied F-150 Owner
By Paydirt on 01/01/05 19:44 PM (PST)

I bought this truck in early October, and have driven it appx 5000 miles, and to date, am very pleased with my purchase. I had a 2001 XLT SCab (4.6L), and it was a fine truck; however, this one is a big step-up in ride comfort; the 5.4L - 3V provides more noticable power in spite of the extra weight (SCrew vs. SCab & 2004 added design weight). I owned 2 Z- 28's from '91 to '01, and am used to engine power, and this truck has all the power I want. I'm not racing from red light to red light anyway. Since 2500 miles my gas mileage ranges from 16.6 to 17.0 mi/gal. - not bad in my book.