2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
The best of the best
By Boiseman on 01/16/07 23:56 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle lightly used and have been extremely happy with it. I had looked over other reviews of all other makes/models and overall the Ford F-150 was the leader in 2004. Pickup is peppy and the ride is smooth. Steering is very tight and responsive. I very much like the layout of the dash instruments. Quality of workmanship appears excellent. Time will tell on the engine and other mechanics.

Until gas is $5.00/gallon....
By EJ on 01/08/07 15:16 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've tried to convince myself to look at other vehicles (for fuel economy only), but I can't get away from Ford F Series! This is my third one; I've leased a 2000 XLT, 2002 XLT, and now a 2004 XLT. My lease on the '04 is up in six months, and I'll be stepping up to a SuperCrew (but sticking to an XLT). I love the interior room (I'm 6'5" and have plenty of headroom to spare), along with the big captain's chairs. My '02 had a bench seat in the front, but I missed having that huge center console. I don't mind the simple plastic features of the dash; if I wanted luxury, I wouldn't be in a truck. The radio is fine; plus, the cabin is SO quiet, you don't need a loud sound system.

Fantastic Truck
By Happy Ford Owner on 11/03/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A great truck. I get 18 MPG around town which is fantastic for a full size truck. I have 55,000 miles on it & been to dealer only once for a tire wear issue. They aligned and gave me 2 new tires at 12,000 miles. Rides and handles great, seats are comfortable. The 4.6 engine has plenty of power. I am thinking of trading for a 2007 Crew Cab. My 6'+ sons have outgrown the back seat.

2004 F 150 Lariet 2wd
By Steve on 10/30/06 20:11 PM (PST)

I bought this for me and my wife took it and I only see it on weekends. It tows a 7000 lb travel trailer with no issues even over mountain passes. Great truck.

Happy with my STX
By STX in North Dakota on 10/29/06 11:43 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GM owner all my life. Had a VW Jetta before this truck. In the shop more than a 3rd of the time I owned it. I now have this truck and a GMC Sierra SLT. I would say that between both of the trucks I would rather drive the Ford. More comfortable inside with STX package than GMC with leather and all the goodies. I would rather tow with the GMC, way more power. Both get equal MPG when not towing. Styling is better on the Ford. For an extended cab the Ford has more room for my sons car seat in the back. The 4.6 motor is definitely underpowered for serious hauling but works great for commuting and hunting/fishing. Pulls a small boat/camper with no problem. Would not tow more than that.

F150 4X Cross Country
By Snohomish on 07/26/06 23:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Lower door seals had to be replaced; they were collapsed and allowed dirt and water to get inside the door well. Acceleration is delayed for about a second after one "punches" the gas pedal. Rotors had to be "turned." Steering wheel would shudder upon putting on the brakes at speeds of 55 mph. Interior design is outstanding - very comfortable on a long trip. Suspension is outstanding.

great truck
By skip600 on 07/26/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

Very well-built truck. Solid, quiet ride, great fit and finish. Quiet and smooth running engine.

It is Built Ford Tough
By CGThomas on 06/23/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

Unbelievable ride and comfort for a truck. The interior noise level is by far the quietest truck I have ever ridden in. Power is very good and the fuel economy is average for a full size truck. Would highly recommend this truck to anyone in the market for a full-size pickup.

F-150
By PHILIP on 06/20/06 14:12 PM (PDT)

Good drive, the vehicle performs like a truck should. A little more shudder over small bumps than I would like to see in a $35000+ vehicle. Pulls great, 5.4L has plenty of power when all 8 cylinders are pumping.

No power accessories just a truck.
By rfstormchasin on 06/01/06 18:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Some people have ordinary hobbies, well storm spotting is mine. When I went to find a truck I didn't want all the power accessories in it because I put enough in it myself, but I needed a V8, extended cab and the tow pkg and I got them. No "fanciness", it's a truck. And my wife loves it, that's a big plus. I had a 1997 F150 and i loved it. At first I wasn't crazy about the new body style of the 04's but it grew on me. I wouldn't do without it now.