2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great truck
By Anthony on 10/22/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a real pleasure to drive and I would recommend it to any one. It's a very solid truck that rides nice and handles very well.

Best Vehicle I have Owned!
By Michael on 10/18/05 14:19 PM (PDT)

Only problem was initial dealership paint repair. No other dealer visits in 32K miles. Noticeable increase in wind & tire noise. Ride quality is degrading but probably due to use on washboard back roads and rough two tracks (though still only minor squeaks & rattles). Interior cloth stains easily & is difficult to clean. 5.4l gets 15 mpg at 70mph - ouch!.

FX4 - 1 Year Review
By mmszoo on 08/11/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Best looking truck on the road. Solid build. Had car back into the rear end of my truck the other day. Did lots of damage to car but not a scratch on my truck. Distance sensor is handy since seeing over bed is a bit tough. Enjoying the upgraded sound system. Would be even more enjoyable with steering wheel controls. Little disappointed with the brake squeals. Was told by dealership that all new Ford F150's do this. Started noticing grooves on the rotors early. Ford should really look at this flaw and correct immediately

No regrets.
By DGW on 08/05/05 16:45 PM (PDT)

Had my truck for 5 months now, loving every minute of it. Excellent exterior design ... looks the business. Interior is awesome, especially with the center console. Hard to believe you're driving a truck to be honest; very upscale look to interior and the ride is great. Always get compliments on the look of the truck ... testament to Ford getting the new F-150 design just right.

Wish I had a DIESEL
By Wish I had a DIESEL on 07/28/05 21:26 PM (PDT)

Overall the truck isn't too bad. It's got decent power and good exterior looks. The interior feels somewhat cheap and excessively plastic. The carbon fiber, aluminum look does little for its styling. The seats leave a lot to be desired for comforts sake. It's got plenty of interior room though. Better than the Ram (for baby seats). The bed is way too small. Would have got an F-250 Powerstroke but got bullied into this by my wife (primary driver while I'm away).

Don't Buy Unless....
By Don't Buy Unless on 07/20/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I now have 17,624 miles on my 2004 F-150 4x4 quad cab with Lariat package. I would not suggest buying one unless you would enjoy: 1. At 6000 miles hearing the interior start to rattle like it's coming apart every time you go over a bump. 2. Having to replace the brake rotors at your own expense at 12,000 miles because they get warped and the dealer says you must be "driving it too hard". Actually you have to upgrade the rotors to vented ones at a cost of about $800 or the problem will keep coming back. 3. Getting an average, per the vehicle's own computer, 13.5 mpg. 4. Feeling underpowered when towing less than half the truck's stated towing capacity.

What a Truck
By Jim on 07/13/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Rock solid a year later. No trips to the dealership for repairs. Kids love the DVD; I love the Lariat trim. Rides smooth and controls are great. Handles off roading great. Average 12 MPG city driving which considering the size of the truck is acceptable. Would definitely recommend this truck and would buy again in a heart beat.

Good solid truck
By MikeB on 07/07/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

So far, the F-150 has been a reliable, good looking, comfortable vehicle. The fuel mileage averages around 15 MPG which I think is pretty good considering its size. I have no complaints.

2004 F-150 SuperCrew
By Charlie B. on 06/29/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2004 F-150 SuperCrew holds the road well, offers a solid ride and comfortable room for five. Still,it leaves room for improvement. One bugaboo is the A/C; you have to hit a smallish button every time you start the vehicle to engage the A/C. The Continental tires that came standard are cheapish, and would be much better with Goodyears or Goodrich truck tires.

I Love My Truck
By TJTrails on 06/16/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

I wasn't sure what I wanted when I went looking for a new vehicle, I only knew it had to have enough room for three adult sized people to sit in comfort in the back seat and I really didn't want to settle for another minivan. The Ford SuperCrew cab was better then all the other trucks I looked at for back seat comfort. I got a great deal. It hauls my teenagers and all their related junk. With 4WD I never have to worry about getting stuck. It's comfortable on long journeys and it looks good too. I've had my truck 8 months and I still smile every time I see it. I love my truck!