Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Cost of Ownership
By jk123

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew new. Had to make a decision between the Ford and the Nissan Titan, bad decision on my part as it turns out. Currently on my 5th set of tires at 61,000 miles, had to replace brake rotors during the first break job, the tranny slips and Ford has not been any help. The customer service rep from Ford Motor Co. tells me they have done all they can do. The cost of ownership and the time spent taking this truck back and forth to the dealer is ridiculous. Sorry Ford, I have given up on you guys. If the Japanese want to take over the US truck market you should at least make them work for it and not just give it to them!

Favorite Features

Driver's captain chairs and seat height is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Get your act together from an engineering perspective prior to making any more "improvements" related to the suspension system or rack and pinion steering. This truck EATS tires! If you are going to advertise 300HP I think the customer should expect 300HP, not the pseudo 300 this trucks puts out.

Good looking poor quality
By fbi08351

I love the way the SuperCrew looks and drives, however the workmanship is below par. I have had to replace the front drivers seat twice before the warranty expired because it was falling about at the seams. The back seat had to be replaced because water was leaking around the cargo light on the top. I was told this was a common problem. The seats stain if any liquid is spilled on them including water. Also had to have tranny repair at 25,000 miles. I am a business man that only uses vehicle for light duty.

Favorite Features

I love the looks of the SuperCrew.

Suggested Improvements

Interior seats need a make over.

Beware
By jc

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 97 Silverado for this truck. It was a serious mistake. I went from a 5.7L engine to the 5.4L and my mileage was 1/2. The power was much greater in the Silverado, and the ride was outstanding. The F-150 shakes at each stop, even with that big V8, the defrost and a/c seriously effect the engine. The plastic in the interior is cheap, and the seats are uncomfortable. My truck has the tow package, and with pulling a small Boy Scout trailer the trucks performance was greatly effected. My truck only has 63,000 miles on it. Best suggestion, look to another manufacturer for a better truck.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the power, and the cheap interior. Increase fuel economy. Fix the powertrain so the the truck doesn't vibrate every time you slow down or stop.

2004 Ford F-150
By jmartinez

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The only bad problem I have had is a light lagging at 20 mph in the transmission when changing gears. Ford says it is normal and I have talked to other F-150 owners and they have had the same problem.

Favorite Features

Looks, size, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission gears.

Junk Truck
By sst338

I have 71,000 miles on my truck and it is falling apart. Have gone through 4 sets of tires. Have had to replace both front rotors and calipers, rear also (the right front exploded on me when I had to hit he brakes hard on the freeway) and Ford wouldn't not warranty them with 21,000 miles on the truck. The 4WD part is terrible off road, it might work in the city but stinks in the real world! Plus the motor won't pull anything, and the transmission has been slipping since 40,000 miles. The dealer says it normal and nothing is wrong.

Favorite Features

NONE!

Suggested Improvements

Why not try building a reliable vehicle or at least stand behind your warranty!