Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Look at another manufacturer
By der9765

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owed 3 Ford trucks. I will not own a 4th. Ford failed miserably with this redesign. Problems I have are: Water leak on passenger side, replaced IWE solenoid and both ruined wheel ends $750, Rebuild rear due to loud whine $800, fix cam phasers (makes the 5.4 engine sound like a diesel) for $1300. These bills does not include the rotors that need repaired and the calipers that need replaced. Check the Ford TSBs. They are aware of these major problems but offer no assistance with repairs. They must be major issues because on 2 of my 3 repairs the parts were backordered. Trust me - Do NOT own an F-150 that is out of warranty. If it is under warranty, be ready to be without your truck - A LOT.

Favorite Features

Interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Step up to the plate and back your customers on obvious design flaws.

Not what I expected from Ford
By em_libra62

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new in 03 when the new body style was announced. Loved it then. Now have apx. 75000 miles on it. AC not working correctly, does not cool well. Have had trouble with drivers window, back passengers window and the sliding rear window. Had to have the sunroof replaced due to the frame "cracking". It's a nice truck, but expensive to keep running. It has been reduced to my weekend car.

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, power, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to recall on its electronics.

Engine Problem
By Eric

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 XLT 5.4 Crew Cab something in the engine broke around 77,800mi when I was doing about 45mph. Tow it to the dealership to have them look at it. They believe the crank broke because it does not turn. The dealership contacted Ford to see about help with the problem and Ford said out of warranty its their problem. New engine thru Ford around $5,000 then labor it would cost $7,400. I also talked to the reginal rep. for Ford that takes care of Gorno Ford and she said you're out of warranty. I told her that I know I am out of warranty but I should get more then 78,000mi after spending over $32,000 dollars. I ask to talk to her boss and said she has no boss to answer to. FORD TOUGH

Favorite Features

Looks good sitting in my backyard, to bad I can't drive it. If I knew I had to spend $40,000 in six years I would have brought a F-350 or Hummer

Suggested Improvements

Work with their customer to fix problems that are major like this and it should not matter if you do your own oil changes. The dealer charges over $30.00 and thats for 5qt of oil. Buy Motorcraft oil 7qt and filter for around $18.00. Do the math when money is tight.

Worst Ford I ever owned
By kinnstreet

I have only 90 on this after buying it fresh off the showroom floor. I can't believe that Ford would allow such a mess. So many things have gone wrong and cost me money on a brand new truck even before 70k miles I can't even begin to list them all, however the other reviews pretty much say it all. My father and I have owned Ford trucks our whole lives.... My next truck will be a RAM, and my son will also be buying either RAM or foreign. Way to go Ford, you broke a family tradition of over 50 years of owning Ford Trucks.

Favorite Features

It was decent in snow and rain with good stability, but this truck, is a pos.

Suggested Improvements

So many cheap parts used on this that broke before 70k it would be hard to know where to begin.

F150 4-Dr SuperCrew Lariat
By 4-Dr SuperCrew Laria

Whilst the F150 looks great, the vehicle has experienced problems with the steering wheel "shimmy" at 65- 70mph. Also the electrical componemnt that controls the a/c, heated seats have failed?

Favorite Features

Its look

Suggested Improvements

How about a gear indicator in the dashbroad, it would be nice.