Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck
By Sam

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Since I bought my truck in 2008 I've put a little over 50,000 miles on it. It has been an an excellent truck. I had a 1997 Ford F-150 4x4 and I must say a drastic improvment on Ford's part. The 5.4 liter Triton is an all around great motor. The overall performance of the truck is great. I take it to the family farm, the hunt club, home, jobsites, and college. It has done everything I want and more. I've even had to pull out jeeps, chevys, and Dodges at jobsites. The only thing extra I've put on it was a K&N and a bullydog system upgrade chip. Great reliable truck, I recommend the 2004 F-150 Lariat 4x4 to any one.

Favorite Features

Exterior/interior look great. Plenty of space in the bed as well as inside the truck. Strong four-wheel drive(Had many many great chances but never been stuck). The highway ride is very smooth. Great truck for work and pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

Durable stock brake rotors. It needs more power outlets.

Third Brake Light
By sparky357

I need to replace the gasket in the third brake assembly and Cannot buy just the gasket.Ford sells only the entire light assembly ($65.00)for maybe a $5.00 gasket. If you change the bulbs you need to change the gasket. In my case it leaked inside and now the back sliding window doesn't work. Their way of thinking I would need to just buy a whole new truck. This is my last ford. Never again and I have owned fords for fifty years.

Favorite Features

seats

Suggested Improvements

Make consumable parts available at a reasonable price. Don't put screws that can leak on top of the truck.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By roland

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, and with some personnal touches, its looking GOOD!! Surpisingly, I get about 17-18 mpg (city), and 19 to 20(hwy). My best was 21 mpg on the hwy, not bad. Only problem I had so far was a bad window motor, at $300 plus labor.. Other then that this truck has been too sweet.

Favorite Features

The new body style definetly caught my eye, and the leather interior was a great extra.

Suggested Improvements

better pricing on replacment parts. Locking center console and glove box for security.

Powerful, Reliable, and Great Looking
By Fordtrucks#1

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 10,0000 miles on my F-150 FX4 in the 7 months since I got it. I wanted a reliable truck to take to college, & I am sure this truck will get me through college and then some, which I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. The 5.4l V8 has great power along with good gas mileage for a truck(I avg. 15-17 mpg.) It's very sharp, and I have got lots of compliments on its looks at my high school. I am at 87k miles and no problems whatsoever. The interior and exterior are the sharpest of any truck I,ve seen, and the ride is very smooth to. I am very pleased with my truck, and my next truck will definately be a Ford.

Favorite Features

Exterior is extremely sharp. Interior is sharp, comfortable and practical. Power adjustable pedals are cool. 5.4l V8 performance is great. FX4 Off Road decals are sharp, and it does well on/off road. Overall quality is great, and it is a very reliable truck.

Suggested Improvements

Heavier duty seat cloth would be nice, other than that this style of truck is flawless.

Buy American made? Ford ads are lies
By Craig

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Same as most reviews. Ford has failed. Looks are great, but deceiving. Transmission issues from day 1 with same response from dealership, "couldn't find a problem". Now big problems post warranty. Rear differential - truck shudders upon takeoff from a turning start. 1st Ford needed new engine. Guess I'll buy foreign. So what if economy worsens and jobs are lost, atleast I'll have a truck that runs. Ford has lost all integrity

Favorite Features

looks. Versatility of 4 door

Suggested Improvements

Install another companies transmission. Ford trans are knowingly an issue for decades!!!! But then again, we still have political elections.