Used 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

'04 FX4 SuperCrew
By Chris

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had my FX4 for about two weeks and I love everything about it. The styling is perfect, interior is inviting, and the ride is second to none. The truck exceeded my expectations. Looked and compared trucks with Nissan and Chevy, but they were very cheaply built.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the looks of the FX4, it looks rugged. My dad had a old body style Supercrew and the ride was awful. Ford did an excellent job adjusting the ride quality. Interior is very attractive and built better compared to the Titan and Chevy.

Suggested Improvements

Improved gas mileage. Even for a big truck it gets decent mileage.

This is a KEEPER
By CH

I recommend the FX4 model, and the 18" wheels. This truck turns heads Big! The interior is great design. This is the 4th F150 (all different years) I have owned and they just keep getting better.

Favorite Features

How you can turn on the fog light in the auto position and park position. 18" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Have a performance exhaust option.

My F150
By woriax

Awesome!!! Love my F150 cause it's strong and reliable. I had a defective gas lid, but other than that, it has been an awesome vehicle. Tows stuff amazingly easy and is so comfortable cruising on highways at 83. I get good gas mileage for a huge vehicle as well... like 20-22 on the highway. If I had it to do over again, I would get the same vehicle, time and time over... Forget it Chevy and Dodge. This is the truck! Titan what??? Maybe in japan that truck would get some attention.

Favorite Features

I love the console, and the easy flip tailgate. I got mine with the electric rear window and sunroof and love it. I will eventually put a roof-mounted dvd in it, and will upgrade the exhaust cause I hate the tailpipe just sticking out. The audiophile system is AWESOME!!!

Suggested Improvements

Make a better looking exhaust pipe, and not much else.

Impressed with my F150
By scomo72

I am very happy with my F150 FX4. I was a little concerned with the MPG, but it is better than what I expected at arounnd 15 and that is even with my heavy foot. Also, I recommend the FX4 model if you are looking for a business look. I have received numerous complements from my colleagues, who fully anticipated the interior having a truck look, but when they got in they thought it had a luxury car look to it.

Favorite Features

Interior look Ride and handling Exterior look

Suggested Improvements

I have already added a couple aftermarket features that overcame the one and only downfall, the lack of "throw you back in your seat" acceleration, which I have now.

stall tactics`
By cpohner

other than the fact i have owned my truck for 2 weeks now, nothing to say but good things..only bad thing, which i hope is a glitch? the truck has stalled on me when i am coasting to a stop or completely stopped. at least 12 times in the 2 week period.had it in the other day. they could not find anything wrong. hope this is not a trend. otherwise hello lemon law. all in all it's a great truck and hope the problem is fixed.

Suggested Improvements

not to stall anymore. lol