2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
BAD BRAKE ROTORS
By cajun on 12/10/04 02:26 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have 3800 miles on 04 f-150 and my brake rotors are scared so bad I'm worried about my wife driving the truck. Ford will not honor their warranty, they said that's normal. So every one check your front rotors. Also the truck idles bad, a/c blows hot air until you reset by turning off & on, and my radio/cd player volume raises & lowers by itself while driving. What's next?

Not Satisfied
By RalphC on 12/06/04 10:49 AM (PST)

My overall impression after driving this vehicle for 6 months and 10,000 miles is that it is not all that it is cracked up to be. The steering wheel maintains a slight tilt to the right even when on flat roads (The dealership can't find anything wrong).

first domestic in years
By broncos on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

so far very pleased, good solid build, good designing, has good reviews

F-150 Still strong after all these years
By BuLL1 on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

good truck. bit shabby on internal workmanship but still a strong truck.

3rd Ford
By Chevis on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Ford P/U I have owned in the last 20 years. Both of the older Fords are still being driven. The oldest is a 1980 with over 150000 miles on it and the 2nd had 205000 when traded for the "new" 2004 Ford. The new truck seems to have sufficient power to pull a boat/trailer, with a ride that matches many autos.

F150 4x4 4.6L
By hharle on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought it last week and only have 300 miles logged but I am enjoying this vehical. I just traded in a Grand Marquis with a performance package so even though they both have 4.6L engines the F150 doesn't accelerate nearly as well(it is also dragging around a 4x4 driveline though) but is just as quiet on the highway and "thats impressive".

Amazing, just amazing quality
By deckbuilder on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Ford 150 has proven to be an impressive surprise. I liked it on the test drive, and now that I own it, I am amazed. The frame on this thing is so rigid that the truck handles rough roads without the slightest squeak or protest. The truck steers and handles like a great car. The interior is solid as a rock, fit and finish are amazing, and everything works better than I expect it to. A rare treat- I got more than I paid for.

Slightly Dissappointed
By dissappointed on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall, the truck has a great exterior styling. But the 4.6L V8 is sluggish even in the regular cab. I'm actually afraid to tow a car and trailer behind it due to the lack of low end torque and power. I'm not too impressed with the doors as well for the rear hinged door has already developed a rattle in the first two weeks of owner ship. The ride of the truck is exceptional, I have no complaints there. Interior is adequate for a truck. It fantastic for highway use and for putting stuff in the large bed. But for towing purposes forget it!!!!

Nice Truck
By Sharp on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall I think its a nice truck. I don't know how its getting all of these 10's by other reviewers. I guess people feel better about a the truck they bought if they give it high ratings on everthing. One problem I've already had to take it in for is an oil leak. Another problem, which isn't a big deal, is that it seems like everyone in Texas has the same d@mn truck that I've got. But overall it is a nice truck.

I LOVE IT
By David760 on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck, im pretty much an expert, basically, the shocks make it have a smooth ride, there is a feature in the front that absorbs shock from an accident, the braking was designed excellently, the truck puts out 80% of its peak torqe at only 1,000 RPM, making pulling heavy loads from a dead stop easier, and it has a quiet ride so you dont have to hear someone elses music at a stoplight. I would reccomend the 2004 Ford F-150 to anyone!