Used 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

No regrets.
By DGW

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had my truck for 5 months now, loving every minute of it. Excellent exterior design ... looks the business. Interior is awesome, especially with the center console. Hard to believe you're driving a truck to be honest; very upscale look to interior and the ride is great. Always get compliments on the look of the truck ... testament to Ford getting the new F-150 design just right.

Great handling. Tough looks.

Just can't think of anything.

Wish I had a DIESEL
By Wish I had a DIESEL

Overall the truck isn't too bad. It's got decent power and good exterior looks. The interior feels somewhat cheap and excessively plastic. The carbon fiber, aluminum look does little for its styling. The seats leave a lot to be desired for comforts sake. It's got plenty of interior room though. Better than the Ram (for baby seats). The bed is way too small. Would have got an F-250 Powerstroke but got bullied into this by my wife (primary driver while I'm away).

The engine has plenty of low end torque. The limited slip works well and no noise! The extra cup holders are pretty convenient.

A better stereo system with the addition of some type of satellite radio. A little more texture and comfort in the interior.

2004 FX4
By Dave

I love this truck. Although my wife thinks it's too big, I love getting in and driving to work every day.

Love the stiff suspension. I really feel like the bumps in the road are nothing my truck can't handle. Love the 5.4L V8, never feel like there is anything left to be desired.

Watch out, this is a TRUCK. It's awesomely huge, and that can make parking a bear sometimes. And fuel economy leaves a bit to be desired.

this is one of the best
By cypress ford

Had my truck for a while now and though it may be slower than the competitors, it is certainly more of a truck. It's comfortable and quiet. My mother has MS and we needed a truck and this is the only one with a good enough ride and that was quite enough for her. It is also the best looking in my opinion. Simply the best I think in almost every way.

Power sliding rear window, 5.4 liter engine and the FX4.

None, it's pretty good; maybe a little more power but it's already fine.

Excellent Choice
By scomo72

I purchase this truck about 5 months
ago and am definately impressed. I
love the endless compliments I receive
on the interior and exterior looks. We
just a foot of snow and ice and my
truck handled beautifully. Honestly, I
didn't even need the 4 wheel drive the
majority of the time. And as far as
the fuel efficiency, it does really
well compared to my friends who have a
similar Ram and Chevy truck. I love me
truck.

The interior is a definite positive as well as the exceptional ride and handling.

The pick up could be a little better, but I have added a couple of aftermarket products to overcome that deficiency.