2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER
By WOODIE on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The new 04 FX4 supercrew is a wonderful vehicle. It functions like a truck as well as a passenger vehicle. Space in the interior is surprising, as is the handling. The extra weight of the new body style is evident, even with the increased horsepower, though. Long-Lewis Ford in Muscle Shoals, Al. sold 90 F-150s in August, and I can see why. It is a hit for Ford Motor Company.

Fuel 12 mpg/14 mpg realistic
By Rick Swartwood on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

14 mpg/18 mpg is something that you will never see if you live in Minnestota. I have never been able to reach anything above 14.78 mpg. (Cruise control set on 65 mph. No wind that day. Flat ground with little hills.)

F150 review
By Cycle Man on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Handles well on the open road. I have put nearly 12,000 miles on since the first of June.

Very nice truck
By fireman163 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The ride and comfort of these new trucks are unbeliveable. I am very satisfied with the performance and style of my FX4. I liked the interior of this model better than the wood grain of the Lariat. The preimium sound system is worth the money. The quiality of the leather is unbeatable and very comfortable. The back seat has more room than the explorer my wife has. I wish the bed was a little bigger. I use as a work truck and keep tools in a speacial tool box for the 2004 f-150s. The tool box takes up a lot of room and leaves little room for any kind of load.

Unbelievable
By Gilligan on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I knew 2 guys that purchased the new F- 150 and all they said was unbelievable. That is all I can say now!!! I was a former ford owner that was won over by the design and reliability of this truck. For the extra money the FX4 is the only way to go. This truck is by far the best truck I have ever sat in. I have had this truck less than a week and I have never been so excited to drive a truck in my life. I put over 700 miles on it and I am still at 15.5mpg. Cant really play too much with the throttle or the mpg drops significantly.

Get One!
By Bill B. on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I looked at several trucks before purchasing my first F-150 to include the highly regarded Nissan Titan. I didn't like the Titan. It looked cheap on the inside and didn't feel like it had the room or the power that they said. The F-150 is awesome! It looks great both inside and out. I don't notice the lack of power than some have reported. I got over 7 K off the list and they threw in a bedliner to close the deal. Trucks are not what they used to be. Go and get an FX4 Super Crew. You will not be disappointed.

the best truck on the road.
By jerome fokas on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

its my 3thrid f-150 and i love this one the best hands down the compareson. its huge inside with a wild side like no other.very quit, powerful, sweet motor, and alot of fun to drive.

6 months of hard drivin'
By brad randall on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Absolutely the finest machine I've owned....It impresses me more than my first new car, (1967 390 Mustang GT ), which I thought could never be matched in quality ,or, guts. Ford put their heart and soul into this one!

Amazing
By dvenoregon on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Some reviews state the cabin is too noisy. Totally untrue. The cabin is quieter than most sedans on the market and is very roomy, especially leg- room. The new body style brings back the masculinity of a pickup. The new frame (nine times stronger than the previous model) and suspension allow for excellent cornering, stability, and braking. My dad has a 2000 F150, and you can really feel the difference between the two. The new one is much smoother. The only negatives are the added weight for the new model take away some of the oomph off the line. Gas mileage is poor (13-14) although I didn't expect much.

New F-150 is best yet!
By Gary222 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I've had my F-150 FX4 Supercrew for about 4 months now. The ONLY thing that I found I don't love about it is the gas mileage. I find that a significant departure from what they claim. Other than that, the truck is a pleasure to drive and I love it inside and out. I topped it off with a rhinoliner and an Access soft cover and it was one great truck of utility. It's comfortable for the family and it can also haul a load of cargo--and it looks and feels great the entire time. I'm in love with the truck--go drive one, I think you'll be in love with it, too!