2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Truck that last
By mousie on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving F-150 for over 12 years. Wouldn't switch from Ford. They are built to last and they are reliable.

04 SuperCab FX4(5.5ft box)
By Dogg on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

As a 1st time truck owner & a loyal ford customer I am very pleased & excited about my new F150. The exterior styling was nicely redone & interior styling with flow thru console is luxury like. The drive by wire electronic throttle seems a little sluggish & almost delayed at times. The road noise inside the cockpit at highway speeds is very impressive and not ford like. The steering & braking are surprisingly responsive for a 5000+ lb truck.

Exceeded My High Expectations
By Shawnski on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

What a treat is has been to own (lease) this vehicle thus far. Forgiving Ford design features (superb drivability, easy to use controls) combined with built from brick structure and high quality (Mercedes levels if not BMW) materials and thorough assembly. Its like a huge Mazda Rx8 in that it feels special and sporty with the ability to haul virtually anything a suburban household needs...Don't let the reports of underachieving engine steer you away, as typical with Ford Modular V8's it takes some miles before it performs as mine now feels like it has an actual 300 hp.

Wonderfful
By superman on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This vehice is one ofhe greaest automobiles ever made. It is perfect in every way. The handling, the interior, and engine size is truly spectacular.

great
By wade on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i love the truck

Big time LEMON
By Kevin M. on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

All I want to say is that I upgraded from a 2001 Lariat to an 2004 new style in october and I already had the engine,transmission and some fan clutch replaced. A piece of the plasticy silver AC vents fell of. This was a big mistake for me. Ford lost me as a costomer. I plane on getting a Silverado SS January. STICK W/GM!

Best and Toughest Truck I ever Owned!
By markac on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

My F150 Lariat 4x4 is all around the best truck I have ever owned. I tow quarter horses all over the southeat for shows. I thought I would need a F250 for the towing, but I was wrong. With 9900Lbs towing I can do it with a 1/2 ton truck now! I love this truck. Inside is the best of all. I have the console shifter and everone at the shows that sees it loves it as much a I do. This is a real mans truck now!

Almost got it right!!!
By oldsman on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Had to have one based on interior and exterior styling. It's replacing a Chevy Avalanche. Ford is always 50Hp shy of Chevy and the new F150 is no exception. The 5.4L3V Triton does not feel like a 300Hp motor. Throttle response is sluggish. Bottom end and midrange feel good but the engine has no top end and there's a 5k rev limiter. Whoopie, 80% of the torque is at 1000RPM. If I want a heavy tow vehicle, I'll buy an F350.

the best truck ever
By otoniel on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

it is great to have a truck like this and is powerful