2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Nice Truck!!
By Ray on 02/07/10 09:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my FX4 in 2007 with 78000 km's on it.Has been very reliable so far.Had to replace hub solenoid...just put new tires on it at 90000 km's..Very nice ride...very comfortable on long trips and gas mileage not bad for a 5.4 v8.Great in the snow in 4wd.Interior looks beats Dodge and Chevy big time!! Has more than enough power and torque for pulling boats and trailers. Great sounding stereo and 6 disk CD changer is awesome!..Moonroof is nice too..After reading some other reviews,,I guess I lucked out with mine and got a good one..But I baby it so that helps..have replaced front brakes and rotors..other than that..no issues at all...very happy with it!

Sweet
By Scott on 01/09/10 09:37 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

great truck! I have had zero problems on it and its up to 120000 miles the truck runs great and I have put it threw alot of junk. It does amazing in snow and I can count on it starting in - 30 degree temperatures. I will not get anything but another ford for my next vehicle, but i don't plan on it any time soon because this truck wont quit.

Ford Truck Owner for 33 YEARS
By Terry on 12/04/09 16:02 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my first Ford 74 F-250 when I was 15 years old it was beat up. I am a general contractor in Chicago My currant 04 F-150 truck is used for hauling-family trips and it is versatile for all uses. I traded in a 03 for this 04. The ride is awesome, Rear diff. factory recall at 30k., only replacement has been brakes-tires until 158,000 miles, trans rebuilt,had the oil changed today at 168,000 mil (oil every 3000 to 5000 miles)and still running strong. All my Fords have been dependable and I drive-em hard. I was going to try a Chevy before I purchased this one but the new 03 Chevy was $1,400.00 more than this 04 Lariat. I will write another review when I hit 400,000 miles!!!!!

Great Truck
By Sam on 10/20/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Since I bought my truck in 2008 I've put a little over 50,000 miles on it. It has been an an excellent truck. I had a 1997 Ford F-150 4x4 and I must say a drastic improvment on Ford's part. The 5.4 liter Triton is an all around great motor. The overall performance of the truck is great. I take it to the family farm, the hunt club, home, jobsites, and college. It has done everything I want and more. I've even had to pull out jeeps, chevys, and Dodges at jobsites. The only thing extra I've put on it was a K&N and a bullydog system upgrade chip. Great reliable truck, I recommend the 2004 F-150 Lariat 4x4 to any one.

81800 miles and no problem, almost
By mt on 09/27/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck new in sep of 2004. I have put all 81000 miles on the truck. I had to replace both electric window mechanisms for 155.00 a piece did the labor myself. Brakes squeak when they get hot. Not a big deal. Truck runs just like new. I use mobil 1 oil and I don't use the truck much for hauling loads. Always starts, hot or cold, good fuel mileage 17/22. No leaks. I am still driving on the original michelin tires and they still look good.

Watch Out for Spark Plugs
By mwd on 09/13/09 06:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Good: Awesome looks and terrific interior room for 5 people that can also pull a boat. Great comfort. The Bad: Transmission has had trouble with leaking seals and shakes intermittently on the road. Spark plugs!! Really bad design. Even Ford mechanics can't get them out routinely without breaking them off in the cylinder head. You get the charge for the additional labor to fish them out. Changing plugs on this model can cost anywhere from $500 to $1500! If you buy this truck used, make sure this has already been done or take it into account when pricing.

Third Brake Light
By sparky357 on 08/17/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I need to replace the gasket in the third brake assembly and Cannot buy just the gasket.Ford sells only the entire light assembly ($65.00)for maybe a $5.00 gasket. If you change the bulbs you need to change the gasket. In my case it leaked inside and now the back sliding window doesn't work. Their way of thinking I would need to just buy a whole new truck. This is my last ford. Never again and I have owned fords for fifty years.

ford f 150 stx 4x4
By larissa on 08/14/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my truck two months ago and the rear rotors, breaks, and axle seals went.. this was a 800 fix i'm very disappointed with the dealership as they told me it was just saftyed

SO FAR SO GOOD
By roland on 07/27/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, and with some personnal touches, its looking GOOD!! Surpisingly, I get about 17-18 mpg (city), and 19 to 20(hwy). My best was 21 mpg on the hwy, not bad. Only problem I had so far was a bad window motor, at $300 plus labor.. Other then that this truck has been too sweet.

Powerful, Reliable, and Great Looking
By Fordtrucks#1 on 06/30/09 14:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 10,0000 miles on my F-150 FX4 in the 7 months since I got it. I wanted a reliable truck to take to college, & I am sure this truck will get me through college and then some, which I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. The 5.4l V8 has great power along with good gas mileage for a truck(I avg. 15-17 mpg.) It's very sharp, and I have got lots of compliments on its looks at my high school. I am at 87k miles and no problems whatsoever. The interior and exterior are the sharpest of any truck I,ve seen, and the ride is very smooth to. I am very pleased with my truck, and my next truck will definately be a Ford.