2004 Lariat: Young owner's perspective
By BF on
2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased a 2004 Ford F-150 4WD Lariat SuperCrew last November just in time for the Idaho winter with money received for my high school graduation. The truck is stable and able, rugged enough for offroad punishment and serious towing but offers good acceleration for city driving. The truck is very responsive in the wheel, but the gas pedal is rather sluggish which is forgiving in many ways but reduces the enjoyment of the drive. On highway drives the truck is pleasantly quiet and extremely smooth, absorbing most highway defects without the typical jostle of a pickup. However at speeds above 60mph the acceleration begins to lag and good timing is necessary when passing.
Favorite Features
The interior design of the Lariat was a major factor in my choosing this vehicle over the Silverado or Ram competitors. The leather and wood grain with chrome accents gives the feel of a Mercedes but remains versatile and rugged. The feature I enjoy the most is the power moonroof.
Suggested Improvements
A more responsive gas pedal. Slightly better weight distribution to reduce slippage with an empty bed. The option of a longer bed with four door models.