2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: 2004 F150

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL SuperCab (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

2004 F150
By michaeltk1 on

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has the standard 4.6 that has good power and torque but could be better. It is an XL model but came with a lot of standard features. It is minimal but it's what I like. But with a family of five I have to make sure everyone is comfortable when we all have to go in it and it does that well. I have only had one issue and that was with the trailer wiring and I will have to pay for that one myself because I didn't discover the defect until after the warranty expired! A longer warranty period would be nice. Overall it has been over 52,000 uneventful miles. I am planning my next Ford truck purchase and it will be an F250 or 350.

Standard 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS. Standard air and automatic transmission.

More horse power and torque. More tie down points in the bed. Roll down windows for the ex-cab rear door windows. Longer warranty; 3-36 is pretty weak -- had it gone in less than a year! Replacement tires for the XL were hard to find because of the size! I was limited to one brand.