Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford 150
By computerkid150

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Good all a round truck

F150 XLT 5.4L V8
By sdumenil

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my F150 XLT Supercrew two weeks ago. So far this is the most refined ride and best looking truck on the market. I looked at the dodge,nissan and toyota full size trucks and none compare to the F150. My best friend drives a new Dodge Ram and the ride is terrible, the turn radius is rediculous. Several posts compain that the engine is not powerful enough but the 5.4L V8 is very strong and the accelleration is very smooth, don't believe the hype.

Favorite Features

Ride, Interior, Exterior body style, Turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage, more options for the price, Mileage.

MY 2004 TRUCK
By JCAUTIVO

HI!I'M VERY SATICFICED WITH MY FORD I DON'T EVEN MIND THE PAYMENT ON IT. THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM THAT I NOTICED ON IT, AND THATS THE BRAKE DISKS THEY WORE OUT ON IT REALLY FAST, I TOOK IT TO THE SHOP AND THEY SAID IT WAS NORMAL!AND I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF TRUCKS WITH THE WHEELS ALL BLACK WITH THE BRAKE DUST, AND I MEAN BAD!AND THIS IS MY FIRST FORD I LOVED THE NEW STYLE THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT! AND NONE OF MY OTHER VECHICLES HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM. WELL OTHER THEN THAT THE TRUCK IS LIKE ONE OF MY KIDS,I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

Favorite Features

NEW STYLE LOVE IT!!!

Suggested Improvements

THE BRAKE DISKS REALLY SUCK !!!

Above the crowd
By F150reviewer

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The new design is stunning - friends who see it are surprised at the finishes and styling (Lariat model is at the top end in the F150 line). I like the return to classic square lines characteristic of the older F150s. It handles great - solid on the road, powerfull, great steering and cornering. This truck replaces a Mercedes ML320 and we are much happier with this than the ML. Same gas mileage but much more power and more interior room with the SuperCrew.

Favorite Features

Interior styling of the Lariat - classy parchment-colored instrument gauges. Interior room and quietness. Rides like a Lincoln Towncar. Deep center console storage. Power sliding rear window. Deep seats with great head restraints that would actually work in a collision.

Suggested Improvements

Captain's seats come with a center console, and the gear shift knob feels very cheap and plastic in hand. The steering-mounted radio and climate controls are awkward to operate. The radio display is hard to read in bright daylight. Offer the PowerStroke diesel as an option.

1st F-150 - LariatSuperCrew-4X4 - LoveIt
By SanDiegoF150-4X4SC

So far, so great! I enjoy this vehicle as a great addition to our family - the road trip & beach/mountains/biking/skiing machine. The road comfort & quiet ride is exceptional for a truck and rivals my wife's '03 ML350. The room inside and comfort make it great for our needs. Ford definitely knows how to build trucks. I would like to see a bit better acceleration off of the line, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's the truck, not my 740i!

Favorite Features

Ride Height Captain's Chairs w/ center console Power sliding rear window Stereo Offroad and Onroad handling Quietness of interior on the highway

Suggested Improvements

Better pickup Add Sidecurtain Airbags Add Nav System as option