1st truck, 1st owner. So far, so good.
By First_Time_Owner on
2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Kept up with all the fluids and filters. There was a recall in early years. Never brought it in for any of the major annual routine checks. I replaced it's first set of tires, brakes, rotors, and axle seals at 90,000 miles, battery at 80,000. Turned 100,000 miles this month. I drive it easy and push it hard. Still runs optimal. Drives good on long hauls and 115+ degree desert heat. Starts up easy under 30 degree tempts too. Handled good when sliding all over the wet/dry roads. The cab is roomy, comfy and quiet. Back window seal has a small crack, bed trim faded quick, and the seals around the cowl cracked and blew away long ago due to desert life. Painted red and still looks good.
Favorite Features
The back doors and extra cab space is convenient. The taller bed height is a plus when moving stuff. Interior and exterior is streamlined. With no carpet, easy to keep clean. Seat belt placement is nice too. And cracks me up when people forget how to open the door. LOL.
Suggested Improvements
A wider center seat/arm rest; plenty of seat space to accommodate. Get rid of the wussy exhaust system; people don't intend to buy a truck for it's sound qualities. Fix tranny, tends to jerk into second a bit rough at lower speeds.
By nv_fto_2004
on 04/26/12 11:47 AM (PDT)

Sounds like we own the same awesome truck!!! It's about to turn 120,000 soon, and still ticking like new. My mechanic was surprised that I changed my tires, brakes, rotors and axle seals at 90,000-same thing with the battery. I also do all the maintenance myself except for the previous mentioned. I drive it easy and push it hard through the heat and snow. Plus, I have the same cracks, fades, gears, cowl troubles and suggestions. The red paint still looks new for not having to wax it since I first done it the first year. Everyone still believes it's a new truck. I paid it off long ago and I still haven't thought twice about selling or trading it in. My all time fav, everybody forgets how to "push" the door open.