2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
best truck ever had
By piper/marsh on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

5000 miles in 3 months most pulling trailers. plenty of power ride better than my luxury car. Interior looks and finish better than any truck built.

Overall best truck.
By leadfoot on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Exceptional ride. Very comfortable but firm. Very quiet ride, no rattles or squeaks. The ride is so quiet it is easy to go too fast. 16 mpg combined city/highway so far with 3.73 gear. Great visability except behind the tailgate. Make sure you get the back up sensor because the tailgate sits high. Also get the BFGoodrich tires, they are all terrain but feel and sound like all season on the highway. Overall great truck.

New to Ford
By FrankieC on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven small import trucks for 20 years.This is My first full size pick- up.What a wonderful experience purchasing this truck has been!It's like a luxury car with a bed in the back.I LOVE IT!

Ford Convert from Dodge
By 4x4bully1 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Upon deciding to buy the Ford, I had a hoorible start due to a faulty 4WD actuator on the first day of driving the truck. The dealer has been fantastik and has it ready to give back to me. On the service line, I was told the only reason the new '04s are in service has been for oil changes. The clanking noise mine made really stumped them at first. A bad hub was first diagnosed but that did fix the problem. Next they discovered the vacuumed actuated diaphragm was not fully retracting, thus causing the splines to bang together in 2WD. Since this was a simple fix, we are taking delivery again with great hopes all goes well.

BAD TO THE BONE
By cherokeekid31 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i LOVE MY TRUCK.....IT DRIVES WELL, HANDLES WELL, IS COMFORTABLE

New Owners
By Dan Hardy on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Great looking, 5.4 is needed. don't get disappointed and buy an 03, step up and find the new styling and comfort. far superior. the drive is quite spacious and fun to watch the heads turn. I have the super crew I am over 6feet and I can sit behind my self with out my knees hitting the back seat. sorry Dodge and Chevy. I think I have found a new home.

f-150
By my04cobra on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Best truck ever. awesome for going off road!!! lots of power. very cofortible. this is y itz been the #1 selling vehicle for 26 years stragiht!

FX4 new model designation
By samanthadog on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Save your money and buy the FX4 all the features of a Lariat except 6 disc changer and leather seats and moon roof. Savings is about 3K. This vehicle is a winner. Had a 1998 Lariat, was happy with it,this truck is heads and shoulders above 03's. Extremely quiet and excellent ride. Highly recommned you check out if you are looking at XLT or Lariat, will not be disappointed.

It's the best soo far!!!
By JamesA. on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This being my fifth Ford truck, it is the best soo far. I ordered the FX4 with the bench seats. i tell ya it is the most comfortable truck i have ever sat in. Even my wife wants to take the truck and leave here luxery car in the garage. the power is strong and the audiophile stereo sounds outstanding!!!! I love the stable ride and the stiff chasis is great on the Northwest mountian roads. The new quiet interior will blow you away. Ford you have done it right again!!!

excellent all around
By Holt on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Very impressive new design for this truck, had two prior full size Chevy Silverados, then most recently a Toyota Tundra, but the F-150 grabbed my attention. Nothing compared to the comfort when I drove this for the first time. The SuperCrew interior was far more quiet than any truck I've ever been in. The truck is very responsive in power, the handling is very reassuring over rough terrain and corners. I had to keep reminding myself that I was not in a luxury sedan. Gas mileage is good, even with the 300 hp under the hood. Definitely recommend the 18-inch wheels and tire combination, looks and handles awesome.