2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Year Long Honeymoon
By Tom on 12/25/04 19:23 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After a year and 14,000 miles living with my aspen green s'crew, I can say this is the highest quality vehicle I've ever owned. Had no problems whatsoever and upholstery is wearing very well. It is a great hauler for my 19' Chapparral and also for my family on long trips.

Excellent Choice
By scomo72 on 12/25/04 01:27 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchase this truck about 5 months ago and am definately impressed. I love the endless compliments I receive on the interior and exterior looks. We just a foot of snow and ice and my truck handled beautifully. Honestly, I didn't even need the 4 wheel drive the majority of the time. And as far as the fuel efficiency, it does really well compared to my friends who have a similar Ram and Chevy truck. I love me truck.

First year review 22300 miles
By Trickhorn on 12/23/04 03:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well, 22300 miles and one year later it's still a great truck. No mechanical problems at all. The fit and finish of the Lariat interior is comperable to a sedan. I would recommend getting the split bench seat in the front because it comes in handy when you need to load six passengers. The stick shift looks neat but it's not practical. The big V8 guzzles gas. I avg.<15 mpg. with a lot of in town driving. It towes heavy loads well. I have had it in 4 wheel drive several times in muddy pastures and it worked fine. The bed walls are very high and can make it difficult to see when backing. It also makes it difficult to get in and out of the bed or manipulate a load without climbing.

F150 owner x6 over 30 years
By Dale on 12/22/04 19:47 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife drives daily and says it's a 'smooth ride' but thirsty. MPG at 14- 15 in town, but +20 hiway. Likes to run at about 80 mph..gets better as it climbs. Good detail, a bit springy ride, inside spacious. Handles very well. Don't lose the key ... big $$$ to replace.

2004 SUPR CREW 4X4
By BARTLB on 12/22/04 02:56 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Interior finish is excellent, very quiet cab noise level. Superb ride for a truck. Very solid feel.

Sweet F-150
By Jeff on 12/18/04 07:27 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 1999 F-150 XLT on this truck. What a difference. I loved my "99" but this truck is far superior to my 99 in every aspect. Power and handling are top notch. Quietest cab I've ever had the pleasure to ride in. Quality and workmanship are outstanding. Layout of the instrument cluster is refreshingly different and very easy to read and access. I ordered the 18" wheels and would recommend this option to everyone considering a purchase of the F-150 FX4 This truck has made me a Ford owner for life!

BAD ROTORS
By swampdog on 12/17/04 11:57 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My truck has 4000 miles and rotors are already scarred. I guess everytime I change the oil I will have to do a brake job. I also have problems with a/c and radio. What's next? If you are thinking about buying or already have a new truck CHECK THE ROTORS! The dealer or ford will not fix they said that's normal wear. I wiil not buy a ford anything again.

Vibrations!
By Disappointed on 12/16/04 23:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

There are some nice features on this truck that caused me to buy it over a GM. Styling is nice, the assisted tailgate is a great idea and the extra space behind the seats on the regular cab was a big selling point. The problem is that the truck has a vibration between 40-55mph that they just can't seem to fix. After lots of time in the shop and thousands of dollars in warranty labor and parts it's still not fixed. Based on comments on the forum this is a fairly common problem on these trucks. If you buy one, test drive it carefully to make sure you don't have the vibration. It's easily felt in the steering wheel and seat. If it has it walk away and try another one.

Poor Quality
By RLL on 12/14/04 21:02 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Quality not there. Had all four wheels replaced. Drivers window replaced. Steering wheel not aligned.Still have vibration in steering column. Windshield reflections drive me nuts, or is the winshield wavy? Should of gotten a GMC. Brakes squeal. Should have known better than to buy a first year truck.

My Best Ride
By mike bartol on 12/12/04 23:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Since 1986 I have purchased a new vehicle every year. The new 2004 Ford F-150, for my needs & desires, has been the best of those purchases! The ride and handeling make it a pleasure to drive. The transmission is verry smooth and the fuel mileage, (although not sientific), seems to be as good or better than my friends who drive other makes of the same class. I'm not a big fan of the fake wood trim, but aside from that, the interior is verry nice. The exterior has a clean crisp look that, I think, will hold it's own for a few years to come. I am not suprised to hear that some people feel that this truck is sluggish. The ride in this truck is so good that I think you loose some sense of speed.