2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 16

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford F-150 Lariat Rocks!
By marcos on 12/30/04 22:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything I've wanted in a truck. I had a 2000 F-150 4x4 and it fells like I went from a lumber wagon to a Mercedes in term of ride quality. There are so many positive attributes with this truck I couldn't list them all. The only complaint is power. It seems a bit weaker than my old truck which also had the 5.4 V8. A chip and few other mods will take care of that issue for me though. Overall, a great truck. Baught it instead of the Nissan Titan. Like the Titan and its 180 degree swingout doors, but the Ford felt better to me. The Audiophile stereo in the F-150 is very good for a factory system. Hope this helps prospective buyers.

Doesn't disappoint!
By Rick on 12/28/04 17:12 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first F150 for me in 20 years, and it doesn't disappoint! Comfortable, reliable, and rides/handles like a car! What a great experience.

Great Truck
By Shaun Dickey on 12/28/04 09:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have allways owned a truck, this is the best truck ever as far as comfort with a very quiet ride. Have taken trips from Michigan to Florida. With a lot of gear, bikes,scuba gear and golf clubs. I tried out the GMC and Dodge Trucks, simular to this Ford, Nothing else compared.

By Michael on 12/27/04 18:57 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My FX4 has the 5.4 motor and 373 rear end. It's a real slug from a standing start. Does anyone else have a similar complaint? I have a 1998 F-150 with the 5.4 motor (2 wheel drive) and it has much better pick up. I only have 400 miles on the truck. I'm going to go by and talk to the service dept where I purchsed it to see if there is something wrong with my truck.

Year Long Honeymoon
By Tom on 12/25/04 19:23 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After a year and 14,000 miles living with my aspen green s'crew, I can say this is the highest quality vehicle I've ever owned. Had no problems whatsoever and upholstery is wearing very well. It is a great hauler for my 19' Chapparral and also for my family on long trips.

Excellent Choice
By scomo72 on 12/25/04 01:27 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchase this truck about 5 months ago and am definately impressed. I love the endless compliments I receive on the interior and exterior looks. We just a foot of snow and ice and my truck handled beautifully. Honestly, I didn't even need the 4 wheel drive the majority of the time. And as far as the fuel efficiency, it does really well compared to my friends who have a similar Ram and Chevy truck. I love me truck.

First year review 22300 miles
By Trickhorn on 12/23/04 03:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well, 22300 miles and one year later it's still a great truck. No mechanical problems at all. The fit and finish of the Lariat interior is comperable to a sedan. I would recommend getting the split bench seat in the front because it comes in handy when you need to load six passengers. The stick shift looks neat but it's not practical. The big V8 guzzles gas. I avg.<15 mpg. with a lot of in town driving. It towes heavy loads well. I have had it in 4 wheel drive several times in muddy pastures and it worked fine. The bed walls are very high and can make it difficult to see when backing. It also makes it difficult to get in and out of the bed or manipulate a load without climbing.

F150 owner x6 over 30 years
By Dale on 12/22/04 19:47 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife drives daily and says it's a 'smooth ride' but thirsty. MPG at 14- 15 in town, but +20 hiway. Likes to run at about 80 mph..gets better as it climbs. Good detail, a bit springy ride, inside spacious. Handles very well. Don't lose the key ... big $$$ to replace.

2004 SUPR CREW 4X4
By BARTLB on 12/22/04 02:56 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Interior finish is excellent, very quiet cab noise level. Superb ride for a truck. Very solid feel.

Sweet F-150
By Jeff on 12/18/04 07:27 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 1999 F-150 XLT on this truck. What a difference. I loved my "99" but this truck is far superior to my 99 in every aspect. Power and handling are top notch. Quietest cab I've ever had the pleasure to ride in. Quality and workmanship are outstanding. Layout of the instrument cluster is refreshingly different and very easy to read and access. I ordered the 18" wheels and would recommend this option to everyone considering a purchase of the F-150 FX4 This truck has made me a Ford owner for life!