2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
this is one of the best
By cypress ford on 01/31/05 21:21 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had my truck for a while now and though it may be slower than the competitors, it is certainly more of a truck. It's comfortable and quiet. My mother has MS and we needed a truck and this is the only one with a good enough ride and that was quite enough for her. It is also the best looking in my opinion. Simply the best I think in almost every way.

2004 Lariat Supercrew
By Paige kehrer on 01/30/05 15:57 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best Ford truck I have owned in overall quality and ride. The gas mileage for the 5.4 motor is great (17.5-18.5 mpg) at 65-70 mph. My last truck, a 2003 F150 with a 6 cylinder only got 16 mpg at best.

Great Truck
By firstf150 on 01/24/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First I was planning to buy a car but then I saw the oppurtunity to buy a truck around the same price of a car and decided to go with the truck. I made a great choice. I am really happy with this truck; don't plan on selling it anytime soon

Wish I bought 4x4
By japple on 01/23/05 12:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Not too many complaints about the vehicle. Very quiet ride and smooth at that. Have a water leak in the cabin which has been quite a hassle. Can't seem to get it taken care of. Overall good looks, okay performance.

So Far So Good
By Ron on 01/16/05 10:54 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck overstock in January. Needed Yellow for my business. This is a loaded 4X4 in shocking yellow and I think its great. Bug shield and step bars really set it off. Engine could be stronger but the weight due to extra size makes it worth it. I do feel and hear a not so subtle drive line rumble at about 62 mph. Other than this it is a very smooth and comfortable truck with a capital T.

6th Ford and counting
By B obby McGee on 01/02/05 02:29 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Ford truck in a row, so I may be somewhat prejudiced. (Note that it actually has a 6.5' bed, but that option with the 5.4L engine was not listed.) I am sufficiently satisfied with Ford trucks in general, due to my past experience, to consider them as a "first likely brand"; but am not a "hater"of other truck brands. This F-150 has technology that was only dreamed about 5 years ago, but it is based on the reliable results that have led me repeatedly to purchase Ford trucks. Styling is exceptional and the options I most like were all ones that I thought of as "fluff"...the reverse-sensing system, heated mirrors & remote keypad. It's your choice, but consider them!

Satisfied F-150 Owner
By Paydirt on 01/01/05 19:44 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in early October, and have driven it appx 5000 miles, and to date, am very pleased with my purchase. I had a 2001 XLT SCab (4.6L), and it was a fine truck; however, this one is a big step-up in ride comfort; the 5.4L - 3V provides more noticable power in spite of the extra weight (SCrew vs. SCab & 2004 added design weight). I owned 2 Z- 28's from '91 to '01, and am used to engine power, and this truck has all the power I want. I'm not racing from red light to red light anyway. Since 2500 miles my gas mileage ranges from 16.6 to 17.0 mi/gal. - not bad in my book.

Ford F-150 Lariat Rocks!
By marcos on 12/30/04 22:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything I've wanted in a truck. I had a 2000 F-150 4x4 and it fells like I went from a lumber wagon to a Mercedes in term of ride quality. There are so many positive attributes with this truck I couldn't list them all. The only complaint is power. It seems a bit weaker than my old truck which also had the 5.4 V8. A chip and few other mods will take care of that issue for me though. Overall, a great truck. Baught it instead of the Nissan Titan. Like the Titan and its 180 degree swingout doors, but the Ford felt better to me. The Audiophile stereo in the F-150 is very good for a factory system. Hope this helps prospective buyers.

Doesn't disappoint!
By Rick on 12/28/04 17:12 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first F150 for me in 20 years, and it doesn't disappoint! Comfortable, reliable, and rides/handles like a car! What a great experience.

Great Truck
By Shaun Dickey on 12/28/04 09:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have allways owned a truck, this is the best truck ever as far as comfort with a very quiet ride. Have taken trips from Michigan to Florida. With a lot of gear, bikes,scuba gear and golf clubs. I tried out the GMC and Dodge Trucks, simular to this Ford, Nothing else compared.