2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 15

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Totally New Ford
By Ken on 02/25/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Plenty of towing power. Good gas mileage for a truck (17.5 highway). Lots of room and very quiet and comfortable.

F-150 FX4 Reg. Cab 6.5 SB
By Moses on 02/11/05 08:36 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is very reliable, and very powerful for its size. With the 5.4 Liter V8, towing and off-road capabilities are almost limitless. However, I have encountered shifting problems with the automatic transmission very early on. The interior isn't very comfortable for long trips. The interior build is questionable as well; lots of plastic parts that can break very easily. I am very hard on my vehicles, and change almost every 5 years, and this truck has held up better within the first year of ownership than any other Ford vehicle I've driven. Overall, it is a reliable vehicle and very fun to drive.

this is one of the best
By cypress ford on 01/31/05 21:21 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had my truck for a while now and though it may be slower than the competitors, it is certainly more of a truck. It's comfortable and quiet. My mother has MS and we needed a truck and this is the only one with a good enough ride and that was quite enough for her. It is also the best looking in my opinion. Simply the best I think in almost every way.

2004 Lariat Supercrew
By Paige kehrer on 01/30/05 15:57 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best Ford truck I have owned in overall quality and ride. The gas mileage for the 5.4 motor is great (17.5-18.5 mpg) at 65-70 mph. My last truck, a 2003 F150 with a 6 cylinder only got 16 mpg at best.

Great Truck
By firstf150 on 01/24/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First I was planning to buy a car but then I saw the oppurtunity to buy a truck around the same price of a car and decided to go with the truck. I made a great choice. I am really happy with this truck; don't plan on selling it anytime soon

Wish I bought 4x4
By japple on 01/23/05 12:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Not too many complaints about the vehicle. Very quiet ride and smooth at that. Have a water leak in the cabin which has been quite a hassle. Can't seem to get it taken care of. Overall good looks, okay performance.

So Far So Good
By Ron on 01/16/05 10:54 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck overstock in January. Needed Yellow for my business. This is a loaded 4X4 in shocking yellow and I think its great. Bug shield and step bars really set it off. Engine could be stronger but the weight due to extra size makes it worth it. I do feel and hear a not so subtle drive line rumble at about 62 mph. Other than this it is a very smooth and comfortable truck with a capital T.

6th Ford and counting
By B obby McGee on 01/02/05 02:29 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Ford truck in a row, so I may be somewhat prejudiced. (Note that it actually has a 6.5' bed, but that option with the 5.4L engine was not listed.) I am sufficiently satisfied with Ford trucks in general, due to my past experience, to consider them as a "first likely brand"; but am not a "hater"of other truck brands. This F-150 has technology that was only dreamed about 5 years ago, but it is based on the reliable results that have led me repeatedly to purchase Ford trucks. Styling is exceptional and the options I most like were all ones that I thought of as "fluff"...the reverse-sensing system, heated mirrors & remote keypad. It's your choice, but consider them!

Satisfied F-150 Owner
By Paydirt on 01/01/05 19:44 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in early October, and have driven it appx 5000 miles, and to date, am very pleased with my purchase. I had a 2001 XLT SCab (4.6L), and it was a fine truck; however, this one is a big step-up in ride comfort; the 5.4L - 3V provides more noticable power in spite of the extra weight (SCrew vs. SCab & 2004 added design weight). I owned 2 Z- 28's from '91 to '01, and am used to engine power, and this truck has all the power I want. I'm not racing from red light to red light anyway. Since 2500 miles my gas mileage ranges from 16.6 to 17.0 mi/gal. - not bad in my book.

Ford F-150 Lariat Rocks!
By marcos on 12/30/04 22:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything I've wanted in a truck. I had a 2000 F-150 4x4 and it fells like I went from a lumber wagon to a Mercedes in term of ride quality. There are so many positive attributes with this truck I couldn't list them all. The only complaint is power. It seems a bit weaker than my old truck which also had the 5.4 V8. A chip and few other mods will take care of that issue for me though. Overall, a great truck. Baught it instead of the Nissan Titan. Like the Titan and its 180 degree swingout doors, but the Ford felt better to me. The Audiophile stereo in the F-150 is very good for a factory system. Hope this helps prospective buyers.