Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 665 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best Truck Built
By Bob

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck to haul around horses on a weekly basis. I put 60k miles on my truck in the last three years with 30k being in the first year alone. Never once has it acted up, skipped gears or made me feel uncomfortable while pulling horses or a box trailer. My father put over 200k on his before he sold it for a new one and I will do the same. I have never driven a truck that can outperform a Ford.

Quality of the build. No rattles down the highway, stays solid at slow speeds and fast.

Just one for all trucks, get me above 25mpg around town.

Look at another manufacturer
By der9765

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owed 3 Ford trucks. I will not own a 4th. Ford failed miserably with this redesign. Problems I have are: Water leak on passenger side, replaced IWE solenoid and both ruined wheel ends $750, Rebuild rear due to loud whine $800, fix cam phasers (makes the 5.4 engine sound like a diesel) for $1300. These bills does not include the rotors that need repaired and the calipers that need replaced. Check the Ford TSBs. They are aware of these major problems but offer no assistance with repairs. They must be major issues because on 2 of my 3 repairs the parts were backordered. Trust me - Do NOT own an F-150 that is out of warranty. If it is under warranty, be ready to be without your truck - A LOT.

Interior styling.

Step up to the plate and back your customers on obvious design flaws.

Cost of Ownership
By jk123

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew new. Had to make a decision between the Ford and the Nissan Titan, bad decision on my part as it turns out. Currently on my 5th set of tires at 61,000 miles, had to replace brake rotors during the first break job, the tranny slips and Ford has not been any help. The customer service rep from Ford Motor Co. tells me they have done all they can do. The cost of ownership and the time spent taking this truck back and forth to the dealer is ridiculous. Sorry Ford, I have given up on you guys. If the Japanese want to take over the US truck market you should at least make them work for it and not just give it to them!

Driver's captain chairs and seat height is very comfortable.

Get your act together from an engineering perspective prior to making any more "improvements" related to the suspension system or rack and pinion steering. This truck EATS tires! If you are going to advertise 300HP I think the customer should expect 300HP, not the pseudo 300 this trucks puts out.

Good looking poor quality
By fbi08351

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way the SuperCrew looks and drives, however the workmanship is below par. I have had to replace the front drivers seat twice before the warranty expired because it was falling about at the seams. The back seat had to be replaced because water was leaking around the cargo light on the top. I was told this was a common problem. The seats stain if any liquid is spilled on them including water. Also had to have tranny repair at 25,000 miles. I am a business man that only uses vehicle for light duty.

I love the looks of the SuperCrew.

Interior seats need a make over.

The best of the best
By Boiseman

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle lightly used and have been extremely happy with it. I had looked over other reviews of all other makes/models and overall the Ford F-150 was the leader in 2004. Pickup is peppy and the ride is smooth. Steering is very tight and responsive. I very much like the layout of the dash instruments. Quality of workmanship appears excellent. Time will tell on the engine and other mechanics.

My favorite feature is the way the heat/air can be adjusted in almost any way you wish. The other thing I like is the information in digital format on the dash. Right where you see it easily.

If you are parked in a grocery store lot with other cars on each side of you, you cannot get a cart into the space to unload groceries into the rear compartment. Putting bags in the bed has groceries all over the bed. Door needs to open flat to the side.