2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
What a Truck
By Jim on 07/13/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Rock solid a year later. No trips to the dealership for repairs. Kids love the DVD; I love the Lariat trim. Rides smooth and controls are great. Handles off roading great. Average 12 MPG city driving which considering the size of the truck is acceptable. Would definitely recommend this truck and would buy again in a heart beat.

Watch Out
By Ford No More on 07/12/05 21:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned for 6 months, 1 recall for bed. At 2500 miles new rotors on front and at 10,500 new motor. 5.4 lower engine problem. Underpowered and terrible gas mileage. Last Ford for me since I'm a business owner and breakdowns cost me time and money.

Good solid truck
By MikeB on 07/07/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far, the F-150 has been a reliable, good looking, comfortable vehicle. The fuel mileage averages around 15 MPG which I think is pretty good considering its size. I have no complaints.

2004 F-150 SuperCrew
By Charlie B. on 06/29/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2004 F-150 SuperCrew holds the road well, offers a solid ride and comfortable room for five. Still,it leaves room for improvement. One bugaboo is the A/C; you have to hit a smallish button every time you start the vehicle to engage the A/C. The Continental tires that came standard are cheapish, and would be much better with Goodyears or Goodrich truck tires.

I Love My Truck
By TJTrails on 06/16/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I wasn't sure what I wanted when I went looking for a new vehicle, I only knew it had to have enough room for three adult sized people to sit in comfort in the back seat and I really didn't want to settle for another minivan. The Ford SuperCrew cab was better then all the other trucks I looked at for back seat comfort. I got a great deal. It hauls my teenagers and all their related junk. With 4WD I never have to worry about getting stuck. It's comfortable on long journeys and it looks good too. I've had my truck 8 months and I still smile every time I see it. I love my truck!

Nice truck with many styles
By jetfighter on 06/15/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like their CD review of truck frame comparing it to others (Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan). It appears to be built so that the frame is more solid than the others are, which has to be good. Overall, I would have to say that it is an impressive truck. But I have not driven the others only read reviews and I have only had this one for a bit, so only time will tell on the quality.

Great Truck
By Phil on 06/14/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 21000 miles I've had nothing but great driving. Put a little weight in the back and the truck drive super smooth although it's pretty good over bumps with the bed empty - much better than the Silverado. The interior design in pretty good although there isn't much storage space, particularly in the rear seating area. The fake wood trim is ok but could be replaced/optioned with carbon fiber like in the Lincoln version. My wife likes the adjustable foot pedals and the addition of a telescoping steering wheel would be ideal for those lacking in height. Overall, this is a great truck and worth the buy.

2004 FX4
By Dave on 06/14/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Although my wife thinks it's too big, I love getting in and driving to work every day.

My Dream Truck
By Gary Bradley on 06/04/05 08:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been more pleased with my 2004 Ford 150 than expected. I researched every truck model before selecting a Ford 150 and I made the right selection! The Ford 150 is a real winner!

2004 Lariat: Young owner's perspective
By BF on 06/03/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Ford F-150 4WD Lariat SuperCrew last November just in time for the Idaho winter with money received for my high school graduation. The truck is stable and able, rugged enough for offroad punishment and serious towing but offers good acceleration for city driving. The truck is very responsive in the wheel, but the gas pedal is rather sluggish which is forgiving in many ways but reduces the enjoyment of the drive. On highway drives the truck is pleasantly quiet and extremely smooth, absorbing most highway defects without the typical jostle of a pickup. However at speeds above 60mph the acceleration begins to lag and good timing is necessary when passing.