Used 2004 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning SVT Lightning Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

Beauty and the Beast...All in one
By "Commish"

2004 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this '04 SVT used. No regrets! This truck is a beast! You want a rush? Mash the pedal and if you can, hold on! You had better be ready! I get tons of looks and complements every time that I drive this beauty. Respectable MPG for such power (13/18.) Had it for 7 months now and no problems. The only complaint I have is that I don't have enough time to drive it more. I have only put 1000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

To steal a line from another reviewer, the gas pedal. Better than any ride at Disney or Six Flags.

Suggested Improvements

Speakers. If you have a greattruck, it should have a great sound system. Although, I have to admit that the superchargers whine is the sweetest sound coming from this truck.

Nice looking truck
By daniel valles

The truck is fun to drive. It's very fast stock but if you throw some modifications it's even faster. The style, it looks mean. The interior is great. Suede seats, leather wrap steering wheel. The racing tires for better traction. The rims are very nice with SVT unique caps. It's just a cool truck.

Favorite Features

Supercharger

Suggested Improvements

They could come with better brakes and rotors

Z Killa
By Yagi

Fun truck to drive. Good handling and performance when purchased new. It only gets better with a lowering kit and a few performance bolt-ons. This is a performance truck with no equals when comparing cost. This truck is my daily driver that puts over 400 horses to the street. 20 minutes and a few bolts, I can increase boost from the supercharger for the track. Highly recommend traction bars and slicks for the strip. This truck rocks. I'm glad I got one of the last ones. You can get this one from me whenever you pry my cold dead hands from the steering wheel.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Provide more factory options for lowering kits, supercharger options, wheels, etc. BTW - bring back the SVT Lightning!

Great Truck
By Dave

This is a great vehicle. I drove some 2002-2003 Corvettes looking for a good performance vehicle. This SVT is as good a performer as the Corvette in a straight line unless you get the ZO6 option. This has been a pleasure to drive and have had a ton of good feed back on the truck.

Favorite Features

The supercharged V-8 is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage.

Lightning strikes twice
By rinnels69

Although I have only had this Lightning a few days, I know I will love it. This is the 8th new Ford since 1989 and I am obviously a Ford fan. The power it has and the potential for more power is almost unlimited, but I will probally leave mine stock.....maybe. The interior is VERY comfortable for 2.

Favorite Features

The POWER.

Suggested Improvements

Independent rear suspension.