Used 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Worst Ford I ever owned
By kinnstreet

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have only 90 on this after buying it fresh off the showroom floor. I can't believe that Ford would allow such a mess. So many things have gone wrong and cost me money on a brand new truck even before 70k miles I can't even begin to list them all, however the other reviews pretty much say it all. My father and I have owned Ford trucks our whole lives.... My next truck will be a RAM, and my son will also be buying either RAM or foreign. Way to go Ford, you broke a family tradition of over 50 years of owning Ford Trucks.

Favorite Features

It was decent in snow and rain with good stability, but this truck, is a pos.

Suggested Improvements

So many cheap parts used on this that broke before 70k it would be hard to know where to begin.

Watch Out for Spark Plugs
By mwd

The Good: Awesome looks and terrific interior room for 5 people that can also pull a boat. Great comfort. The Bad: Transmission has had trouble with leaking seals and shakes intermittently on the road. Spark plugs!! Really bad design. Even Ford mechanics can't get them out routinely without breaking them off in the cylinder head. You get the charge for the additional labor to fish them out. Changing plugs on this model can cost anywhere from $500 to $1500! If you buy this truck used, make sure this has already been done or take it into account when pricing.

Favorite Features

Looks and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission. Get off those spark plugs.

Not what I expected from Ford
By em_libra62

Bought my truck new in 03 when the new body style was announced. Loved it then. Now have apx. 75000 miles on it. AC not working correctly, does not cool well. Have had trouble with drivers window, back passengers window and the sliding rear window. Had to have the sunroof replaced due to the frame "cracking". It's a nice truck, but expensive to keep running. It has been reduced to my weekend car.

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, power, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to recall on its electronics.

F150 4-Dr SuperCrew Lariat
By 4-Dr SuperCrew Laria

Whilst the F150 looks great, the vehicle has experienced problems with the steering wheel "shimmy" at 65- 70mph. Also the electrical componemnt that controls the a/c, heated seats have failed?

Favorite Features

Its look

Suggested Improvements

How about a gear indicator in the dashbroad, it would be nice.

Great Truck
By VIRGIL PRICE

This truck is great. I bought it new and have only added dual exhaust, cold air, and a chip set at the low end of performance. What a difference these three items made. The truck is quiet and really a pleasure to drive. I will be getting another one this next month so I will have a new vehicle to pull behind my new motorhome.

Favorite Features

The best feature of my F150 is the quiet ride. The truck is smooth on shifting. I have driven every truck out there because of my job and we all fought over who got the Fords.

Suggested Improvements

There are two changes I would suggest to Ford. One, make a standard shift available with the 5.4. Second, offer more color options. I have wanted a true orange color for my last two trucks. Come on Ford!