Used 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Think Again
By Bill

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After I bought it, I loved it. However, there were rear end problems twice, then the drive shaft, now the rear end again. I have babied this thing and it can't seem to handle simply driving down the road. It is a 4x4, but I don't trust the drivetrain enough to do anything with it. The engine also makes alot of noise, but Ford said this is normal due to 5W-20 oil. I would look elsewhere if I were you.

Styling and comfort

Drivetrain - the whole thing.

Look at another manufacturer
By der9765

I have owed 3 Ford trucks. I will not own a 4th. Ford failed miserably with this redesign. Problems I have are: Water leak on passenger side, replaced IWE solenoid and both ruined wheel ends $750, Rebuild rear due to loud whine $800, fix cam phasers (makes the 5.4 engine sound like a diesel) for $1300. These bills does not include the rotors that need repaired and the calipers that need replaced. Check the Ford TSBs. They are aware of these major problems but offer no assistance with repairs. They must be major issues because on 2 of my 3 repairs the parts were backordered. Trust me - Do NOT own an F-150 that is out of warranty. If it is under warranty, be ready to be without your truck - A LOT.

Interior styling.

Step up to the plate and back your customers on obvious design flaws.

Cost of Ownership
By jk123

Bought my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew new. Had to make a decision between the Ford and the Nissan Titan, bad decision on my part as it turns out. Currently on my 5th set of tires at 61,000 miles, had to replace brake rotors during the first break job, the tranny slips and Ford has not been any help. The customer service rep from Ford Motor Co. tells me they have done all they can do. The cost of ownership and the time spent taking this truck back and forth to the dealer is ridiculous. Sorry Ford, I have given up on you guys. If the Japanese want to take over the US truck market you should at least make them work for it and not just give it to them!

Driver's captain chairs and seat height is very comfortable.

Get your act together from an engineering perspective prior to making any more "improvements" related to the suspension system or rack and pinion steering. This truck EATS tires! If you are going to advertise 300HP I think the customer should expect 300HP, not the pseudo 300 this trucks puts out.

Good looking poor quality
By fbi08351

I love the way the SuperCrew looks and drives, however the workmanship is below par. I have had to replace the front drivers seat twice before the warranty expired because it was falling about at the seams. The back seat had to be replaced because water was leaking around the cargo light on the top. I was told this was a common problem. The seats stain if any liquid is spilled on them including water. Also had to have tranny repair at 25,000 miles. I am a business man that only uses vehicle for light duty.

I love the looks of the SuperCrew.

Interior seats need a make over.

Junk Truck
By sst338

I have 71,000 miles on my truck and it is falling apart. Have gone through 4 sets of tires. Have had to replace both front rotors and calipers, rear also (the right front exploded on me when I had to hit he brakes hard on the freeway) and Ford wouldn't not warranty them with 21,000 miles on the truck. The 4WD part is terrible off road, it might work in the city but stinks in the real world! Plus the motor won't pull anything, and the transmission has been slipping since 40,000 miles. The dealer says it normal and nothing is wrong.

NONE!

Why not try building a reliable vehicle or at least stand behind your warranty!