2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Lariat SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Worst Ford I ever owned
By kinnstreet on 09/21/14 08:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have only 90 on this after buying it fresh off the showroom floor. I can't believe that Ford would allow such a mess. So many things have gone wrong and cost me money on a brand new truck even before 70k miles I can't even begin to list them all, however the other reviews pretty much say it all. My father and I have owned Ford trucks our whole lives.... My next truck will be a RAM, and my son will also be buying either RAM or foreign. Way to go Ford, you broke a family tradition of over 50 years of owning Ford Trucks.

Watch Out for Spark Plugs
By mwd on 09/13/09 06:39 AM (PDT)

The Good: Awesome looks and terrific interior room for 5 people that can also pull a boat. Great comfort. The Bad: Transmission has had trouble with leaking seals and shakes intermittently on the road. Spark plugs!! Really bad design. Even Ford mechanics can't get them out routinely without breaking them off in the cylinder head. You get the charge for the additional labor to fish them out. Changing plugs on this model can cost anywhere from $500 to $1500! If you buy this truck used, make sure this has already been done or take it into account when pricing.

Not what I expected from Ford
By em_libra62 on 06/28/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

Bought my truck new in 03 when the new body style was announced. Loved it then. Now have apx. 75000 miles on it. AC not working correctly, does not cool well. Have had trouble with drivers window, back passengers window and the sliding rear window. Had to have the sunroof replaced due to the frame "cracking". It's a nice truck, but expensive to keep running. It has been reduced to my weekend car.

F150 4-Dr SuperCrew Lariat
By 4-Dr SuperCrew Laria on 10/24/07 16:16 PM (PDT)

Whilst the F150 looks great, the vehicle has experienced problems with the steering wheel "shimmy" at 65- 70mph. Also the electrical componemnt that controls the a/c, heated seats have failed?

Great Truck
By VIRGIL PRICE on 06/25/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

This truck is great. I bought it new and have only added dual exhaust, cold air, and a chip set at the low end of performance. What a difference these three items made. The truck is quiet and really a pleasure to drive. I will be getting another one this next month so I will have a new vehicle to pull behind my new motorhome.

2004 Ford F-150
By jmartinez on 01/02/07 07:07 AM (PST)

The only bad problem I have had is a light lagging at 20 mph in the transmission when changing gears. Ford says it is normal and I have talked to other F-150 owners and they have had the same problem.

'04 SUPERCREW
By stlyeside on 03/08/06 15:41 PM (PST)

This truck is for the laid back truck lovers as well as the weekend warriors. I think this truck is classy enough to go out to a nice restaurant or go four wheeling. The bottom line it's a nice truck! I was not one to buy a Ford but once driving it I was sold. If you want a truck this is your best choice.

Don't Buy Unless....
By Don't Buy Unless on 07/20/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

I now have 17,624 miles on my 2004 F-150 4x4 quad cab with Lariat package. I would not suggest buying one unless you would enjoy: 1. At 6000 miles hearing the interior start to rattle like it's coming apart every time you go over a bump. 2. Having to replace the brake rotors at your own expense at 12,000 miles because they get warped and the dealer says you must be "driving it too hard". Actually you have to upgrade the rotors to vented ones at a cost of about $800 or the problem will keep coming back. 3. Getting an average, per the vehicle's own computer, 13.5 mpg. 4. Feeling underpowered when towing less than half the truck's stated towing capacity.

Good solid truck
By MikeB on 07/07/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

So far, the F-150 has been a reliable, good looking, comfortable vehicle. The fuel mileage averages around 15 MPG which I think is pretty good considering its size. I have no complaints.

Great Truck
By Phil on 06/14/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

After 21000 miles I've had nothing but great driving. Put a little weight in the back and the truck drive super smooth although it's pretty good over bumps with the bed empty - much better than the Silverado. The interior design in pretty good although there isn't much storage space, particularly in the rear seating area. The fake wood trim is ok but could be replaced/optioned with carbon fiber like in the Lincoln version. My wife likes the adjustable foot pedals and the addition of a telescoping steering wheel would be ideal for those lacking in height. Overall, this is a great truck and worth the buy.