2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
SO FAR SO GOOD
By roland on 07/27/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, and with some personnal touches, its looking GOOD!! Surpisingly, I get about 17-18 mpg (city), and 19 to 20(hwy). My best was 21 mpg on the hwy, not bad. Only problem I had so far was a bad window motor, at $300 plus labor.. Other then that this truck has been too sweet.

Must have been on a Monday
By Donna on 11/22/08 10:44 AM (PST)

I have driven Ford vehicles for the 20 years. I like the style, ergonomics, ride, dependibility of each Ford product I have owned. However, my F-150 Lariat Super Cab, 2wd,5.4liter V8 has been and still continues to be a lemon. From the very beginning it has had a bad viberation. I have had 5 sets of tires, three drive shafts, 2 rear pioion gears, trans.rebuilt new trans., 2,radio /6 cd changers, speaker problems, auto rear sildiging window. These were all while it was still warranty. Ford engineers even came from somewhere out of state to try to find the promblem. They can't find out what is wrong. Ford really let me down. I'm not aginst Ford prod. this one just not right from the start.

Right On!
By Derek on 04/11/05 22:38 PM (PDT)

This is one awesome truck! As a matter of fact you tend to forget you're in a truck! Ride is by far the best all around. I've driven them all because that's what I do for a living; nothing compares to what this machine does for you. Many onlookers and challengers everyday and with that alone, I'm glad I got my truck!

a few details.......
By Trucker Bob on 03/10/05 14:28 PM (PST)

The 2WD Lariat F150 2004 model is great. A few details and it woud be perfect. Needs more interior storage, pockets, etc, the center console is just a single huge area without any dividers. No underseat storage either. Otherwise great, mileage ok, but not great; 14 in town 16 - 17 on the road. Pretty good for a heavy pickup. Acceleration good, not great though. Handling is great, brakes also great. Tires ok, Goodrich Long Trails. Interior design very good. BUT, where's the cassette player?

2004 Lariat Supercrew
By Paige kehrer on 01/30/05 15:57 PM (PST)

This is the best Ford truck I have owned in overall quality and ride. The gas mileage for the 5.4 motor is great (17.5-18.5 mpg) at 65-70 mph. My last truck, a 2003 F150 with a 6 cylinder only got 16 mpg at best.

top of the line
By dennis w. daugherty on 11/13/04 14:16 PM (PST)

This is simple, it's the best looking, longest lasting and toughest truck on the road for this class. This truck is great to drive and proud to be seen in. A truck you can go to work in and then take out for a night on the town. This is a 9 rating staight accross. I think the only down side is that the transmission doesn't quite fit the engine, a smoother shift would make this the ultimate drive. Other than that it handles curves, hills and hiways with excellent reactions to comands. I waited years to buy the best truck and i got it.......DWD.. Ca.

jglynn
By jglynn on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This the most fun truck I have ever drove . Lots of room and style .As Ford would say It ford tough . This the best F150 built to date . It has a real smoth ride . I pull a camper and some I forget it behind me until I llok back and see it . Buy one today you wiil be glad .

f-150 2004
By ricky rolly on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

the truck is much larger than the traditional f-150, but you can still pull in a parking space. i recomend the reverse sensors due to you cant see anything back there.all in all, its a great ride and nice to drive.

great truck
By june on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Conpared to my 2001 F150 it's a totally different truck. Much more comfortable ride, great truck!

F-150 Lariat Crew Cab
By CFIEd on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Not a bad vehicle, just a bit pricey. The ride is very smooth, which is expected for such a heavy truck. The interior is comfy, and back seats have lots of leg room. I seem to be able to fit in the available storage spaces everything that I was carrying in my previous vehicle, an Explorer SportTrac.