Used 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

SO FAR SO GOOD
By roland

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, and with some personnal touches, its looking GOOD!! Surpisingly, I get about 17-18 mpg (city), and 19 to 20(hwy). My best was 21 mpg on the hwy, not bad. Only problem I had so far was a bad window motor, at $300 plus labor.. Other then that this truck has been too sweet.

Favorite Features

The new body style definetly caught my eye, and the leather interior was a great extra.

Suggested Improvements

better pricing on replacment parts. Locking center console and glove box for security.

Must have been on a Monday
By Donna

I have driven Ford vehicles for the 20 years. I like the style, ergonomics, ride, dependibility of each Ford product I have owned. However, my F-150 Lariat Super Cab, 2wd,5.4liter V8 has been and still continues to be a lemon. From the very beginning it has had a bad viberation. I have had 5 sets of tires, three drive shafts, 2 rear pioion gears, trans.rebuilt new trans., 2,radio /6 cd changers, speaker problems, auto rear sildiging window. These were all while it was still warranty. Ford engineers even came from somewhere out of state to try to find the promblem. They can't find out what is wrong. Ford really let me down. I'm not aginst Ford prod. this one just not right from the start.

Favorite Features

Leathers seats, comfort, height, interior space is for dirve and passanger is very comfortable, sound system, (once repaired), auto drivers seat and pedal adjustment, keyless enrty, door key pad, instrument set up, all controls for dirver are comfortable reach, 18" wheels/tires

Suggested Improvements

The standard jack calapsed the first time it was used. Needs a beefy jack for a beefy truck. Needs running boards, AC/vents need to be improved, while local driving the truck never gets cool and rear passangers never get cool/warm, storage under back seat to carry jump cables ,first aid kit, tools

Right On!
By Derek

This is one awesome truck! As a matter of fact you tend to forget you're in a truck! Ride is by far the best all around. I've driven them all because that's what I do for a living; nothing compares to what this machine does for you. Many onlookers and challengers everyday and with that alone, I'm glad I got my truck!

Favorite Features

The ease of use! This layout is sooo user friendly it invites you to touch. The components on the steering wheel is a major plus too. Awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel efficiency. My baby drinks fuel like a fish...ouch! 12 mpg (hwy) is not a good thing especially with the price gouging thats going on.

a few details.......
By Trucker Bob

The 2WD Lariat F150 2004 model is great. A few details and it woud be perfect. Needs more interior storage, pockets, etc, the center console is just a single huge area without any dividers. No underseat storage either. Otherwise great, mileage ok, but not great; 14 in town 16 - 17 on the road. Pretty good for a heavy pickup. Acceleration good, not great though. Handling is great, brakes also great. Tires ok, Goodrich Long Trails. Interior design very good. BUT, where's the cassette player?

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and style.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the cassette player, and lose the cigarette lighter and ash tray.

2004 Lariat Supercrew
By Paige kehrer

This is the best Ford truck I have owned in overall quality and ride. The gas mileage for the 5.4 motor is great (17.5-18.5 mpg) at 65-70 mph. My last truck, a 2003 F150 with a 6 cylinder only got 16 mpg at best.

Favorite Features

The center console/shift is the the best.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise is still an issue.