Used 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2004 FX4
By jason803

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in 2008 after looking through numerous car dealerships. It was love at 1st sight. 2 years later I still love my truck only problems I have had was a leak in rear window and water in the tail light nothing major. I use it for my boat and I sometimes forget I am hauling anything. I almost ripped the back end of a honda civic off that was stuck once and barely press the gas. Overall very good buy even though it get jealous when it sees the new chevy 2500HD pass by. I only see around 13-15 mpg which not very good but I bought the edge evolution and now get around 16-17 mpg also recommend this item as a add on

4WD, 5.4 engine,interior very nice, exterior (still looks as good as 2010)

MPG

Great Truck!
By Bill

Don't say anything about the fuel economy. You don't buy a 6000 pound truck and expect 30 mpg! This is a solid truck and even after 6 years, I still love it. I don't drive it that much, but it has been very reliable. The only real problem was the rear end, which had to be replaced by the dealer after about 4000 miles. When they put it back together, they forgot to lube the yoke which caused the drive shaft to go bad. All these were done under warranty at the dealer. Other than that, no problems at all (knock on wood). It's easy to understand why this truck sells so well.

Comfort, styling, reliability.

Maybe a little less plastic on the interior.

Nice Truck!!
By Ray

Bought my FX4 in 2007 with 78000 km's on it.Has been very reliable so far.Had to replace hub solenoid...just put new tires on it at 90000 km's..Very nice ride...very comfortable on long trips and gas mileage not bad for a 5.4 v8.Great in the snow in 4wd.Interior looks beats Dodge and Chevy big time!! Has more than enough power and torque for pulling boats and trailers. Great sounding stereo and 6 disk CD changer is awesome!..Moonroof is nice too..After reading some other reviews,,I guess I lucked out with mine and got a good one..But I baby it so that helps..have replaced front brakes and rotors..other than that..no issues at all...very happy with it!

Interior design and room...stereo...Moonroof...comfort and very smooth and quiet ride.4WD is great in the snow with all terrain tires...recommended over all season tires...big difference!...pay the extra money..you won't regret it!

Fuel economy.

f150
By joe

I have had a few problems with the truck. They were resolved by the dealer which is great. At 28000 miles the rear end was chattering, turned out the clutches were bad they fixed it under warranty. Two times now the air bag light was on and the sensor was replaced. The seat sensor for the air bag (passenger side) was bad and repaired. Other than that the truck is good.

Power, size of the interior, I am 6'6". Tows great.

Looked at Dodge, Chevy, GMC, and...
By Mark D

...Ford, of course. This is simply the best of all the big trucks out there! I looked at all the others and the Nissan Titan. This thing is a luxury on the road and a tank off road. I really put it to the test off road here in Colorado, and nothing could stop it! (Gotta love the skid-plates!) Couldn't be more pleased with my purchase.

Power moonroof & slider. Deep bed for excellent capacity in a 5.5ft bed. Interior design in WAY above the rest, and the floor-shift console just sets it all off! The grill is just plain tough looking.

Fix the CD/MP3 player so that it reads more than 20 tracks on a disc full of MP3's!!! Does nooooo good to have a disc with 150 songs if it will only read the first 20! - lame.