Used 2004 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Buy American made? Ford ads are lies
By Craig

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Same as most reviews. Ford has failed. Looks are great, but deceiving. Transmission issues from day 1 with same response from dealership, "couldn't find a problem". Now big problems post warranty. Rear differential - truck shudders upon takeoff from a turning start. 1st Ford needed new engine. Guess I'll buy foreign. So what if economy worsens and jobs are lost, atleast I'll have a truck that runs. Ford has lost all integrity

Favorite Features

looks. Versatility of 4 door

Suggested Improvements

Install another companies transmission. Ford trans are knowingly an issue for decades!!!! But then again, we still have political elections.

Best Truck Built
By Bob

I use my truck to haul around horses on a weekly basis. I put 60k miles on my truck in the last three years with 30k being in the first year alone. Never once has it acted up, skipped gears or made me feel uncomfortable while pulling horses or a box trailer. My father put over 200k on his before he sold it for a new one and I will do the same. I have never driven a truck that can outperform a Ford.

Favorite Features

Quality of the build. No rattles down the highway, stays solid at slow speeds and fast.

Suggested Improvements

Just one for all trucks, get me above 25mpg around town.

Always Ford Tough
By Red

I spent a little more money on the Ford instead of other brands out there because in 5 years from now I don't want to be spending any more money. It is an amazing vehicle and always will be.

Favorite Features

Design and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, it's the only thing it needs to do.

Buy One!
By larck

This is my first pickup. Decided on Ford F-150 due very positive reviews. I was always a small car person but this truck is an absolute pleasure to drive. Still getting used to the size and lower gas mileage though! The build quality is superior to the Honda Odyssey I bought two years ago,which we still own and will keep for a while (I drive the truck and gave my car to my daughter). I shopped Chevy and Toyota and in my opinion neither came close. The Toyota had too many rattles right off the lot and I have been burned too many times by Chevy.

Favorite Features

Rides like a Lincoln! Stays on track with no wander on the road. Good highway manners and power. I have the 5.4L by the way. Plenty of room in the cab.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage. Lower the ride height a litte. It's a big step up into the cab,so a step bar really helps. I am still getting used to the overall size of it.

My Truck
By Flash - 1

I would like to have the fender liners inside the rear fenderwell of the bed.They do have them on the 250 series.The Overdrive Button on shifter is too easily, accidentily turned off,should be more recessed.

Favorite Features

Lock on tailgate.