2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best truck I've owned
By fobserver on 12/12/11 11:05 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had Toyota, Nissan, Chevy and Dodge trucks over the years. This is the first Ford truck I've owned. Bought it used with 97K miles. Only owned it for 3 months now, but I believe it's the best built pickup I've ever owned. I do have some concerns however. A tear appeared out of no where in the drivers seat, there is a whizzing/scraping sound coming from the right front (possibly brake issues). And the cam phaser knock that is common for these engines. Also the 4x4 will go into 4HI with no problem, but you have to mess with it to get it to go into 4LO, and then you have to mess with it some more to get it to come back out of 4LO. Have not towed with it yet, but I'm sure it's great at that.

2004 F-150 XLT
By Skip Leicht on 02/22/06 23:19 PM (PST)

The vehicle performs well, the 5.4 has all the power I need and the electronic transmission is geared well to this performance. The body style is a huge improvement over the F-150's built in the late 90's. The interior is comfortable for my 6'2" (200 lbs) frame.

F-150 FX4 Reg. Cab 6.5 SB
By Moses on 02/11/05 08:36 AM (PST)

This truck is very reliable, and very powerful for its size. With the 5.4 Liter V8, towing and off-road capabilities are almost limitless. However, I have encountered shifting problems with the automatic transmission very early on. The interior isn't very comfortable for long trips. The interior build is questionable as well; lots of plastic parts that can break very easily. I am very hard on my vehicles, and change almost every 5 years, and this truck has held up better within the first year of ownership than any other Ford vehicle I've driven. Overall, it is a reliable vehicle and very fun to drive.

Sweet F-150
By Jeff on 12/18/04 07:27 AM (PST)

Traded a 1999 F-150 XLT on this truck. What a difference. I loved my "99" but this truck is far superior to my 99 in every aspect. Power and handling are top notch. Quietest cab I've ever had the pleasure to ride in. Quality and workmanship are outstanding. Layout of the instrument cluster is refreshingly different and very easy to read and access. I ordered the 18" wheels and would recommend this option to everyone considering a purchase of the F-150 FX4 This truck has made me a Ford owner for life!

I LOVE IT
By David760 on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a great truck, im pretty much an expert, basically, the shocks make it have a smooth ride, there is a feature in the front that absorbs shock from an accident, the braking was designed excellently, the truck puts out 80% of its peak torqe at only 1,000 RPM, making pulling heavy loads from a dead stop easier, and it has a quiet ride so you dont have to hear someone elses music at a stoplight. I would reccomend the 2004 Ford F-150 to anyone!

Ford enginereed the 2004 FX4 perfectly
By Beenie on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have to tip my hat to the engineers that designed the 2004 FX4 regular cab truck. I have bought a lot of new vehicles over the years, and this is the best designed vehicle I have bought. You may not believe it, but it is better designed and the quality is as good, if not better than the brand new 1976 Corvette I bought years ago. This is an AWSOME TRUCK. This is the vehicle I've waited for. If you test drive it, you will most likely buy it. This truck is not the old and boring style that Ford stuck with for too many years and it is also nice to have that H/P we had in the late 60's-early 70's. Ford proved to me it made the best truck this year!

great
By mrbill on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

this is the best pickup i have ever had