2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford F-150 Window Regulators
By kraftypam on 08/28/11 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my Ford since I purchased it new in 08/05 for the most part. However, I am completely frustrated with Ford's response to my complaints about what obviously is a flaw in the window regulators that were installed in this year and make. I have replaced all 4 regulators/front and rear and Ford has accepted no responsibility. (replaced 2 in 2008, 1 in 2009, and 1 in 2011) After searching the internet for similar complaints it appears the problem with the 2004 Ford F150 Supercrew is wide spread and Ford will do nothing. $2000 in window repairs later, I will now consider a Chevy as my next truck purchase. Ford has let me down by not standing behind their product and manufacturing.

It's been almost 7 years.
By BWJ1978 on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

It has been almost 7 years since I wrote a review on this truck in 2003. I had some starting off issues with it but let me tell you this truck has ended up being a trooper. It now has 126,891 miles on it and I love it. It is my baby. Sadly, I am having to sell it for financial reasons and it hurts. These trucks are pretty good in my opinion. The transmission actually worked the problem out itself. I have only replaced normal items that wear. The only issues I asked Ford to fix have already been addressed in the 2009 model. Looking at my old review, man have I changed for the better, and my F150 has been by my side the whole way. I thank the Lord for such a great truck!

Wind Noise
By Mondo on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

The wind noise is excessive. I've had the sliding back window replaced twice and still problem exists. I cannot even listen to radio or carry on a normal conversation. I drive the truck 100 miles to work and back every day so it is very dissapointing. I bought the truck on Jan 1 and it has been in the shop three times. It also has a significant electrical burning smell the dealer tells me is typical. I think I got a lemon!

the best
By himmertime on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

its the best truck ive ever owned

My big disappointment
By BWJ1978 on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Well so far, the transmission has acted up, been in the shop 3 times (curretnly there) the tail light was replaced from condensation, the window squeaks when going down, it needed an allignment at purchase, the plastic around the steering column is warper(and on other trucks too). This has been a nightmare the worst Ford I have EVER owned. The 4.6 is way underpowered even for my reg cab so i pity people with s/c's and super crews. GOOD LUCK!