2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
1st truck, 1st owner. So far, so good.
By First_Time_Owner on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Kept up with all the fluids and filters. There was a recall in early years. Never brought it in for any of the major annual routine checks. I replaced it's first set of tires, brakes, rotors, and axle seals at 90,000 miles, battery at 80,000. Turned 100,000 miles this month. I drive it easy and push it hard. Still runs optimal. Drives good on long hauls and 115+ degree desert heat. Starts up easy under 30 degree tempts too. Handled good when sliding all over the wet/dry roads. The cab is roomy, comfy and quiet. Back window seal has a small crack, bed trim faded quick, and the seals around the cowl cracked and blew away long ago due to desert life. Painted red and still looks good.

BAD ROTORS
By swampdog on 12/17/04 11:57 AM (PST)

My truck has 4000 miles and rotors are already scarred. I guess everytime I change the oil I will have to do a brake job. I also have problems with a/c and radio. What's next? If you are thinking about buying or already have a new truck CHECK THE ROTORS! The dealer or ford will not fix they said that's normal wear. I wiil not buy a ford anything again.

BAD BRAKE ROTORS
By cajun on 12/10/04 02:26 AM (PST)

I have 3800 miles on 04 f-150 and my brake rotors are scared so bad I'm worried about my wife driving the truck. Ford will not honor their warranty, they said that's normal. So every one check your front rotors. Also the truck idles bad, a/c blows hot air until you reset by turning off & on, and my radio/cd player volume raises & lowers by itself while driving. What's next?

Not Satisfied
By RalphC on 12/06/04 10:49 AM (PST)

My overall impression after driving this vehicle for 6 months and 10,000 miles is that it is not all that it is cracked up to be. The steering wheel maintains a slight tilt to the right even when on flat roads (The dealership can't find anything wrong).

first domestic in years
By broncos on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

so far very pleased, good solid build, good designing, has good reviews

Amazing, just amazing quality
By deckbuilder on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Ford 150 has proven to be an impressive surprise. I liked it on the test drive, and now that I own it, I am amazed. The frame on this thing is so rigid that the truck handles rough roads without the slightest squeak or protest. The truck steers and handles like a great car. The interior is solid as a rock, fit and finish are amazing, and everything works better than I expect it to. A rare treat- I got more than I paid for.

Slightly Dissappointed
By dissappointed on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall, the truck has a great exterior styling. But the 4.6L V8 is sluggish even in the regular cab. I'm actually afraid to tow a car and trailer behind it due to the lack of low end torque and power. I'm not too impressed with the doors as well for the rear hinged door has already developed a rattle in the first two weeks of owner ship. The ride of the truck is exceptional, I have no complaints there. Interior is adequate for a truck. It fantastic for highway use and for putting stuff in the large bed. But for towing purposes forget it!!!!

Best Truck I've owned to date
By kjkeller on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice smooth quiet ride,Plenty of power with the 4.6 v8,great gas milage 18mpg

Back to the future,Ford!
By Dale A. Drottar on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Ford has come from the past and now looks toward the futer with the new F- 150. The exterior style speaks for itself, the sleek tough look rather than the massive bulkiness looks like a roughneck on a Sunday drive,everyday! The interior design is roomy and comfortable with nice style. Although there is room for design improvement, there is a feeling of pride when guests enter the cab.

Awesome Truck
By jsetapart on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I could not have asked for a better- looking, more comfortable, rugged truck. By far the smoothest truck I've ever had the good fortune to set foot in.