Used 2004 Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

1st truck, 1st owner. So far, so good.
By First_Time_Owner

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Kept up with all the fluids and filters. There was a recall in early years. Never brought it in for any of the major annual routine checks. I replaced it's first set of tires, brakes, rotors, and axle seals at 90,000 miles, battery at 80,000. Turned 100,000 miles this month. I drive it easy and push it hard. Still runs optimal. Drives good on long hauls and 115+ degree desert heat. Starts up easy under 30 degree tempts too. Handled good when sliding all over the wet/dry roads. The cab is roomy, comfy and quiet. Back window seal has a small crack, bed trim faded quick, and the seals around the cowl cracked and blew away long ago due to desert life. Painted red and still looks good.

Favorite Features

The back doors and extra cab space is convenient. The taller bed height is a plus when moving stuff. Interior and exterior is streamlined. With no carpet, easy to keep clean. Seat belt placement is nice too. And cracks me up when people forget how to open the door. LOL.

Suggested Improvements

A wider center seat/arm rest; plenty of seat space to accommodate. Get rid of the wussy exhaust system; people don't intend to buy a truck for it's sound qualities. Fix tranny, tends to jerk into second a bit rough at lower speeds.

BAD ROTORS
By swampdog

My truck has 4000 miles and rotors are already scarred. I guess everytime I change the oil I will have to do a brake job. I also have problems with a/c and radio. What's next? If you are thinking about buying or already have a new truck CHECK THE ROTORS! The dealer or ford will not fix they said that's normal wear. I wiil not buy a ford anything again.

Favorite Features

exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Better brake rotors!

BAD BRAKE ROTORS
By cajun

I have 3800 miles on 04 f-150 and my brake rotors are scared so bad I'm worried about my wife driving the truck. Ford will not honor their warranty, they said that's normal. So every one check your front rotors. Also the truck idles bad, a/c blows hot air until you reset by turning off & on, and my radio/cd player volume raises & lowers by itself while driving. What's next?

Favorite Features

Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Make your brake rotors out of quality material. Ford wants to stick the consumer for their bad rotors!!

Not Satisfied
By RalphC

My overall impression after driving this vehicle for 6 months and 10,000 miles is that it is not all that it is cracked up to be. The steering wheel maintains a slight tilt to the right even when on flat roads (The dealership can't find anything wrong).

Favorite Features

Folding middle section on front seat.

Suggested Improvements

Add a barrier to prevent rain or dew from dripping onto seat when back doors to the supercab are opened. Add a locking gas cover lid on all models. Increase interior storage space.

first domestic in years
By broncos

so far very pleased, good solid build, good designing, has good reviews

Favorite Features

4 dr on reg cab

Suggested Improvements

wish truck would sit level front pitched down for hauling or towing