2004 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

Strong running truck
By fordfan95

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

truck is now over 11 years old, and is still running strong with 84,000 miles on it. truck tends to be problematic in the large 5.4 version with cam phasers and broken spark plugs, however the 4.6 does not suffer from these problems. this past winter we have had more snow and more colder days than in decades, and having it sit in below zero weather for 3 days straight, it cranks first start without missing a beat. parts are EXTREMELY cheap being as the 4.6 is the most common fleet vehicle engine, so parts are easily accessible and readily available. the body and frame are extremely durable and after 11 years in the heart of the salt belt, its completely rust free.

Favorite Features

the looks and driving characteristics. after 11 years of new york pot holes, nothing rattles of squeaks when you hit bumps. just a well built interior.

Suggested Improvements

brake lines are all specially coated black film from the factory that are essentially thin hard rubber insulation around the lines that have kept them rust free and spotless unlike the 04-07 silverado brake lines that rust into the abs unit. however ford should use the same treatment process on there power steering line in direct cotact with road debris, salt and road brime that tends to rust them. however its only a 13$ part and extremely easy to change.

Low maintence reliability-great diverse truck
By gnat1

Love my F150. I bought it at 18000 miles and now have 73000 miles on it with no troubles. I pull a horse trailer with it and drive it to work, it is my "everything" vehicle. Other then changing my oil, and brakes, I haven't had to do any repairs of any kind. Tows excellent with my horse trailer which probably reaches up to 5500 ibs. I have towed up steep grades when we go horse camping up in the mountains. Handles excellently. i would definately recommend this vehicle if you want a reliable, tough, and well designed truck. Only downfall is I don't car for where the "oh Sh@#" handles are in the interior. They are placed to far forward.

Favorite Features

tow package, exterior styling, interior room in the regular cab. Extra space in back great for groceries or even snowboards.

Suggested Improvements

Move the interior handles to right above the door instead of in front .

F-150 Still strong after all these years
By BuLL1

good truck. bit shabby on internal workmanship but still a strong truck.

Suggested Improvements

better interior construction. some loose plastic in mine.

All it was ment to be!!!!!
By CoryDale25

I had always wanted a full size truck especially since I am 6'3". I was driving a '97 Ford Ranger previously, talk about a cramp, and always had a problem with the size and power of the truck. When I saw this truck, Regular cab, V-8, Blue (my fav. color) and it has a GREAT exterior profile, I was sold....and man am I happy. When I want to sit back and relax on a trip, I can, If I want to 'get up and go' I can do that too. I have never enjoyed a vehicle as much as I love my truck. It is great and I am sure you would enjoy it to. From one Happy Ford F-150 owner.

Favorite Features

I love the two rear doors that swing out and allow you to store behind the seat, perfect for golf clubs or such. I also like the 40-20-40 seats and the counsole that is large and conveinent.I also like the interior design, sleak and stylish along with practical.

Suggested Improvements

Larger glove compartment. When the truck gets wet, around the bottom seal of the side mirrors,and the four corners of the bed from the bed covers, it seems to leak water after the body is already dry and causes water marks on the door running all the way down the side.

ford
By mchu77

fords are awsome and will never go back to a chevy

Suggested Improvements

very good doesnt neede no changes

The best truck ever
By otoniel

if you want to buy a real truck, this is the one that you need

Favorite Features

my favorite is the center console, it's look great in this truck

Suggested Improvements

i think this truck need more horse power

Very Pleased
By William W. Moore

This is my forth and I will buy another when it comes time