2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Low maintence reliability-great diverse truck
By gnat1 on 03/06/12 22:32 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my F150. I bought it at 18000 miles and now have 73000 miles on it with no troubles. I pull a horse trailer with it and drive it to work, it is my "everything" vehicle. Other then changing my oil, and brakes, I haven't had to do any repairs of any kind. Tows excellent with my horse trailer which probably reaches up to 5500 ibs. I have towed up steep grades when we go horse camping up in the mountains. Handles excellently. i would definately recommend this vehicle if you want a reliable, tough, and well designed truck. Only downfall is I don't car for where the "oh Sh@#" handles are in the interior. They are placed to far forward.

Best truck I've owned
By fobserver on 12/12/11 11:05 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had Toyota, Nissan, Chevy and Dodge trucks over the years. This is the first Ford truck I've owned. Bought it used with 97K miles. Only owned it for 3 months now, but I believe it's the best built pickup I've ever owned. I do have some concerns however. A tear appeared out of no where in the drivers seat, there is a whizzing/scraping sound coming from the right front (possibly brake issues). And the cam phaser knock that is common for these engines. Also the 4x4 will go into 4HI with no problem, but you have to mess with it to get it to go into 4LO, and then you have to mess with it some more to get it to come back out of 4LO. Have not towed with it yet, but I'm sure it's great at that.

Ford F-150 Window Regulators
By kraftypam on 08/28/11 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my Ford since I purchased it new in 08/05 for the most part. However, I am completely frustrated with Ford's response to my complaints about what obviously is a flaw in the window regulators that were installed in this year and make. I have replaced all 4 regulators/front and rear and Ford has accepted no responsibility. (replaced 2 in 2008, 1 in 2009, and 1 in 2011) After searching the internet for similar complaints it appears the problem with the 2004 Ford F150 Supercrew is wide spread and Ford will do nothing. $2000 in window repairs later, I will now consider a Chevy as my next truck purchase. Ford has let me down by not standing behind their product and manufacturing.

1st truck, 1st owner. So far, so good.
By First_Time_Owner on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Kept up with all the fluids and filters. There was a recall in early years. Never brought it in for any of the major annual routine checks. I replaced it's first set of tires, brakes, rotors, and axle seals at 90,000 miles, battery at 80,000. Turned 100,000 miles this month. I drive it easy and push it hard. Still runs optimal. Drives good on long hauls and 115+ degree desert heat. Starts up easy under 30 degree tempts too. Handled good when sliding all over the wet/dry roads. The cab is roomy, comfy and quiet. Back window seal has a small crack, bed trim faded quick, and the seals around the cowl cracked and blew away long ago due to desert life. Painted red and still looks good.

It's been almost 7 years.
By BWJ1978 on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

It has been almost 7 years since I wrote a review on this truck in 2003. I had some starting off issues with it but let me tell you this truck has ended up being a trooper. It now has 126,891 miles on it and I love it. It is my baby. Sadly, I am having to sell it for financial reasons and it hurts. These trucks are pretty good in my opinion. The transmission actually worked the problem out itself. I have only replaced normal items that wear. The only issues I asked Ford to fix have already been addressed in the 2009 model. Looking at my old review, man have I changed for the better, and my F150 has been by my side the whole way. I thank the Lord for such a great truck!

81800 miles and no problem, almost
By mt on 09/27/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck new in sep of 2004. I have put all 81000 miles on the truck. I had to replace both electric window mechanisms for 155.00 a piece did the labor myself. Brakes squeak when they get hot. Not a big deal. Truck runs just like new. I use mobil 1 oil and I don't use the truck much for hauling loads. Always starts, hot or cold, good fuel mileage 17/22. No leaks. I am still driving on the original michelin tires and they still look good.

ford f 150 stx 4x4
By larissa on 08/14/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my truck two months ago and the rear rotors, breaks, and axle seals went.. this was a 800 fix i'm very disappointed with the dealership as they told me it was just saftyed

Awesome Truck
By trucktony on 10/07/07 21:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck, this is my 5th truck I have owned thru the years and this is by far the most fun and most quality built of all the ones I have had. The truck rides beautiful, handles superbly and you can just feel the tough quality of the truck as you drive it. I bought new 17 inch 275 wide tires for it and it just looks like 4 wheel drive truck as high as it sits. The sound system is superb and you can for sure shut out all outside noise with the music on and AC on and windows closed.I would definitely recommend this truck over and over again.

Wise choice
By murph302 on 07/21/07 23:41 PM (PDT)

I bought my Ford new in 2004 and it is great. Even after 3 years its interior and exterior design has aged well. The powertrain is definitely underpowered when compared to the new trucks but it still holds its own. I have had no problems passing granny on the highway even while towing. The only real issue I have had with my Ford is the wiper cowl. I must have replaced it 3 times because the plastic clips keep breaking causing it to rattle on the highway (under warranty).

Handsome Truck
By Roddy on 04/02/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. Three years old and looks new. No problems and good factory stereo.