2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Engine Problem
By Eric on 05/17/10 15:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 XLT 5.4 Crew Cab something in the engine broke around 77,800mi when I was doing about 45mph. Tow it to the dealership to have them look at it. They believe the crank broke because it does not turn. The dealership contacted Ford to see about help with the problem and Ford said out of warranty its their problem. New engine thru Ford around $5,000 then labor it would cost $7,400. I also talked to the reginal rep. for Ford that takes care of Gorno Ford and she said you're out of warranty. I told her that I know I am out of warranty but I should get more then 78,000mi after spending over $32,000 dollars. I ask to talk to her boss and said she has no boss to answer to. FORD TOUGH

Great Truck
By Michael on 09/18/07 12:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One the highest quality vehicle I have ever owned. Only major issues after 65,000 miles were a bad solenoid for the locking hubs and a temp gauge that is 6 degrees off. OE tires were borderline, and interior cloth stains quite easily. Interior quality was much better before they sourced this stuff out (yes, I worked at Ford years ago and still hold the competency of the truck group high). This thing has been down a lot of washboard dirt roads and on rough narrow two tracks and is still tight. K&E filter helped gas mileage a bit. Go with the 6.5' bed if you haul any lumber or want to use the bed for overnighters.

Beware
By jc on 01/08/07 19:55 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 97 Silverado for this truck. It was a serious mistake. I went from a 5.7L engine to the 5.4L and my mileage was 1/2. The power was much greater in the Silverado, and the ride was outstanding. The F-150 shakes at each stop, even with that big V8, the defrost and a/c seriously effect the engine. The plastic in the interior is cheap, and the seats are uncomfortable. My truck has the tow package, and with pulling a small Boy Scout trailer the trucks performance was greatly effected. My truck only has 63,000 miles on it. Best suggestion, look to another manufacturer for a better truck.

Chevy and Others Bow To THE KING
By FordMan on 05/04/06 16:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a red SuperCrew with tan interior, tow package, two-tone lower gold and of course the 5.4 3-valve with the 3.73 gears. The truck has performed superbly. Originally it was a rental and had 12,000 miles which tells you it wasn't used with the most care, but the interior, exterior etc. showed almost no signs of wear. The truck has never let me down. The only thing "bad" that happened was it needed a new starter. The interior has top-notch quality and design much better than other trucks. The exterior is muscular and tough. The 5.4 performs with awesome power. The brakes had to be replaced at about 30,000 miles but I drive mostly city, unfortunately. It does get 13-15 miles in town.

F-150 Crewcab
By MACTEP on 02/20/06 22:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2004 F-150 SuperCrew holds the road well, offers a solid ride and comfortable room for five. Still, it leaves room for improvement.

2004 F-150 SuperCrew
By Charlie B. on 06/29/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2004 F-150 SuperCrew holds the road well, offers a solid ride and comfortable room for five. Still,it leaves room for improvement. One bugaboo is the A/C; you have to hit a smallish button every time you start the vehicle to engage the A/C. The Continental tires that came standard are cheapish, and would be much better with Goodyears or Goodrich truck tires.

My Dream Truck
By Gary Bradley on 06/04/05 08:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been more pleased with my 2004 Ford 150 than expected. I researched every truck model before selecting a Ford 150 and I made the right selection! The Ford 150 is a real winner!

Best designed truck
By awol on 05/31/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 1997 for the 2004. Big difference in ride and handling. I usually drive to work and back, sometimes carry a few to lunch. Great comfort. Loaded 1300# of sod on the weekend and pushed it up towards the cab. Hardly knew it was there. 5.4 Triton is powerful. Stops on a dime with change.

my F-150 super crew
By irh99 on 11/14/04 15:48 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new truck . I've always owned fords because of their reliability. I'm sure this new pick-up going last a long time.

Great Truck
By RKA on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Driving Truck. Rides like a luxury sedan.