2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Buy American made? Ford ads are lies
By Craig on 05/19/09 06:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Same as most reviews. Ford has failed. Looks are great, but deceiving. Transmission issues from day 1 with same response from dealership, "couldn't find a problem". Now big problems post warranty. Rear differential - truck shudders upon takeoff from a turning start. 1st Ford needed new engine. Guess I'll buy foreign. So what if economy worsens and jobs are lost, atleast I'll have a truck that runs. Ford has lost all integrity

Best Truck Built
By Bob on 03/14/07 10:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck to haul around horses on a weekly basis. I put 60k miles on my truck in the last three years with 30k being in the first year alone. Never once has it acted up, skipped gears or made me feel uncomfortable while pulling horses or a box trailer. My father put over 200k on his before he sold it for a new one and I will do the same. I have never driven a truck that can outperform a Ford.

Always Ford Tough
By Red on 01/18/06 19:39 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I spent a little more money on the Ford instead of other brands out there because in 5 years from now I don't want to be spending any more money. It is an amazing vehicle and always will be.

Buy One!
By larck on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first pickup. Decided on Ford F-150 due very positive reviews. I was always a small car person but this truck is an absolute pleasure to drive. Still getting used to the size and lower gas mileage though! The build quality is superior to the Honda Odyssey I bought two years ago,which we still own and will keep for a while (I drive the truck and gave my car to my daughter). I shopped Chevy and Toyota and in my opinion neither came close. The Toyota had too many rattles right off the lot and I have been burned too many times by Chevy.

My Truck
By Flash - 1 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I would like to have the fender liners inside the rear fenderwell of the bed.They do have them on the 250 series.The Overdrive Button on shifter is too easily, accidentily turned off,should be more recessed.

great truck
By dokmac on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way this truck handles and the power, but the front bumpers seem to be too fragile.

excellent
By bigjimmy on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

excellent, no other company can match its quaity, smooth ride fun to drive

F-150 Supercrew
By joel Franks on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving pickups for 40 years. This 2004 supercrew is the best of the bunch hands down! Plenty of power, easy to drive, nice interior design and comfortable ride makes this one a favorite. There is no shortage of power. This truck hauled 18 foot utility trailer loaded with a ton of construction equip, not even a whimper. The reduced noise level was super improvement over 2001 Supercab! Seats were a really comfortable, a more firm ride that felt much better and really helped the back after trip of 400 miles. Milage was as expected and advertised by Ford, but comfort, power, quiet ride makes this the best ford pickup I have ever owned.