2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Fantastic Truck
By Happy Ford Owner on 11/03/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A great truck. I get 18 MPG around town which is fantastic for a full size truck. I have 55,000 miles on it & been to dealer only once for a tire wear issue. They aligned and gave me 2 new tires at 12,000 miles. Rides and handles great, seats are comfortable. The 4.6 engine has plenty of power. I am thinking of trading for a 2007 Crew Cab. My 6'+ sons have outgrown the back seat.

2004 F150
By michaeltk1 on 01/21/06 00:44 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has the standard 4.6 that has good power and torque but could be better. It is an XL model but came with a lot of standard features. It is minimal but it's what I like. But with a family of five I have to make sure everyone is comfortable when we all have to go in it and it does that well. I have only had one issue and that was with the trailer wiring and I will have to pay for that one myself because I didn't discover the defect until after the warranty expired! A longer warranty period would be nice. Overall it has been over 52,000 uneventful miles. I am planning my next Ford truck purchase and it will be an F250 or 350.

Great Truck
By firstf150 on 01/24/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First I was planning to buy a car but then I saw the oppurtunity to buy a truck around the same price of a car and decided to go with the truck. I made a great choice. I am really happy with this truck; don't plan on selling it anytime soon

The F is for fearsome
By WIW06 on 12/12/04 08:12 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2004 F-150 is an excellent truck whether for basic needs or for heavy duty work. This is my first truck, was thinking about a Ranger, but believed I wasn't going to get my money's worth. With the new F-150, I am confident this will last for years to come.

A truck that still knows how to work
By compaqted on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The new F-150 is a fantastic vehicle. So was my '92 F-150, but this new model has a tremendous ride, smooth powerful powertrain, and very comfortable interior, even in the XL trim. But the best thing about it is that Ford didn't forget that a truck has to work. It is beefy in all the right areas, like the bed and the frame, and tows very well, especially with the limited slip rear axle option and the towing package option (highly recommended). Great job Ford!

Well,so far.............................
By jdfrmky on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really do not need a truck which is what I found out about an SUV and this fresh looking vehicle seemed the place to start to see if truckdom will work out.If it does not at least it will have some residual value come time to sell.I've not had it long enough to tell any tales yet.My first Ford and based on the wife's experiences with her 2 Escapes I'm more concerned with customer service and support which has been miserable for my wife.

Nice Truck, Nice Ride, Nice Price
By Vache on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed a basic truck, paid $19,500 for a F-150 XL SuperCab from Claremont Ford. Very sharp styling and interior design. Ride is smooth unloaded and even with an 800 lb. load in the bed. Base V8 has adequate power. Tested against Chevy & Nissan, but not Dodge. Chevy's design is dated and the V6 is weak, & rear seat room is poor. Nissan Titan: Great engine/trans, extremely bouncy ride, rear seat angle is too acute and not comfortable, doors "cave" in when shutting, flimsy door handles, no room to negotiate on price ($24K base).

Excellent value for thhe bucks
By thegrapedriver on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked this new truck up on Friday and put on about 150 miles and liked everything about it. The best part is that by trading in my 2002 F150 for this 2004 one I have smaller payments and no interest.

GREAT!!!
By Smurfette on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After test driving other trucks. I finally decided to purchase the F150. I can't believe how smooth it rides & handles. I'm definately glad I picked the F150.

my pick-up
By glowpen on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Reliable, fun to drive, at least 18mpg. city driving, comfort would have been a ten, but the bench seat leans to the inside, other than that its a fun hard working truck. Ford will be the only make that i will buy. Hope the rest of you people try a Ford soon.