Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 665 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

It's a Ford
By Adam

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ford tough

F150 issues
By Georgia

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 4 wd. 4 door f150 and more times than not I can hear almost like a hissing noise coming from around to frit wheels. After a short bit there will be a couple thumps and it stops. No one can seem to figure it out. Brakes ok, tires ok, 4wd shifts in and out ok. No Clue any suggestions?

Great Truck !!!!!
By Pete Holden

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 121,000 miles still going strong.

Great truck! Poor MPG.
By greerdavidj

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for 3 years now. I really enjoy how the cab just fits. I love having 7 cupholders within reach from the driver's seat. The vents look nice and are very easy to adjust without breaking. The power is good on this truck for what I need (pulling trailers, pulling out trees with a chain, squalling tires to be a show-off, accelerating, etc.). The back seat is fairly comfortable. We really enjoy the small supercab windows. They're perfect for our two dogs to put their heads out of.

My biggest complaint would be the gas mileage. They say, "It's a truck! What do you expect?!" Mine gets 14 at best on the highway and 10-11mpg in the city. Doesn't touch the EPA 13/17.

Back doors are functional. Plethora of cup holders and other storage areas in the cab. Comfortable seating Great looks. Having the power to do what I need. Easy to see out of (my wife and I both can see well out of it.) It's been mechanically sound for the three years we've owned it. Handles well in the snow.

I've had both front windows break with $200+ repairs for each. That was frustrating. MPG please - At least have the EPA estimates come close so buyers know what they're signing up for. Some interior build issues. My driver's seat has developed a hole where I get in and out. That's pretty crummy. I'm 190lbs, which is heavy, but really? The center console is coming apart. Stain free seats? Ha! Perhaps that's a minivan feature to come!

Worst Ford I have Owned.
By bestbrewmaster

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

At 45000 I needed a Rear Diff. under warranty and at 75000 I needed a new Rear Diff again.
4x4 has not worked since 70000 miles and they don't even know what it is and have not been able to fix it they think it electrical. Transmission slips all the time since around 35000 miles and they say that is normal. I currently have 98000 miles on it and I now have a P00012a error (cam shaft timing) and apparently now I need a new engine. I would never buy one of these as they are Not Ford Tough...

I think the dash looks nice, other than that my wife hates the seats and thinks they are very uncomfortable.

Maybe if they keep practicing they will make a good vehicle some time.