2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Poor Man's Lightning

2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Poor Man's Lightning
By Bodenis on

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck mainly because of the body style and price. I wanted a inexpensive truck that still looked good. I have owned two Rangers and a 2001 SuperCrew and this truck is as nice as those were. This is the same body style as the SVT Lightning and I have lowered it and had the windows tinted and added 18 inch chrome wheels. It is a very sharp looking truck and and after being lowered handles great and is still functional as a daily driver and part time hauler. Cassette player was replaced with a CD unit so the only upgrade needed now is a dual exhaust and cold air intake. Rides great, looks good, didn't cost an arm and a leg; what more could you ask for!

Looks, price, aftermarket upgrades available, quality of build. This is the last year of a true flareside look, 2004's don't really have much of a flare, just a small indentation.

Not much to ask for, Ford offers just about anything you could ask for on their higher line trucks. I bought the base XL Sport for the value in price and looks; if I wanted more options I could have gone to the XLT versions of the Supercab or the Supercrew. I'm happy with this purchase.