2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: I needed a Truck

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Review

I needed a Truck
By Mathias on

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 5.4 V8, Tow, Moonroof, power rear window, 6 disk in-dash, and purchased for 28K. Now at 3500 miles there are no rattles,squeaks or wind noise. Alignment is perfect. The ride is firm. Interior quality is excellent. The seats have been raised 2-3 inches from previous models. I am relatively short (5'7") My feet just touch the floor. The seats took some getting used to. Low mounted door arm-rests not practical due to tall seats. Engine power is very adequate. I tow a 5,500lb boat frequently. This truck accelerates well with or without boat in tow. Truck does not deserve "suggish" ratings. Excellent quality and good performance for the price.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 5.4 V-8, Sunroof, and power rear window. In the Supercab and larger trucks, the old style manual sliding rear windows were hard/ dangerous to reach from the drivers seat. Now they are practical and safe to use.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the door arm rest or put back the older style door pull- handle. The pillar mounted grab- handle is intrusive. Make more like the 2000 Expediton models. Transmission whine very noticeable at lower highway speeds. (45-60) mph. Ruins otherwise quiet cabin.