2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Great Truck

2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT Regular Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Great Truck
By Many Klatch on

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

My 6 cylinder F-150 has been a real workhorse. My last couple of Ford Rangers lasted 150,000 miles before I traded them in and the F-150 seems to be on the same track. I get 22 mpg in mixed city and hiway driving with the manual 5 speed if I keep my foot off the gas. The 6 cylinder has all the power I need to haul lots of weight on those occasions when I need to haul 1,500 pounds. I had to replace a broken overload spring and upgraded to a heavier set to handle the weight. The engine didn't have a problem with a full load. The acid test was that the engine hauled all that weight over the Pennsylvania Turnpike in cruise control with very few problems.

Tachometer and full instrumentation, AC controls (love the option for outside air on panel setting) 5 speed manual transmission

Need a place to dock my iPod. Need a better top on the padded box between the front seats, the top gets worn slick and feels sticky to a bare arm.