2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Finally a 4-door truck

2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCrew (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.4 ft. Bed)

Finally a 4-door truck
By ChrisS on

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've been on the fence since this truck came out. I was looking forward to a 4-door truck, as the SUVs just couldn't do the dirty jobs that trucks can. I didn't want to spend the money, but with the new model coming out in 2004 I figured this was finally the time. I went all out and got the 5.4 with the complete towing package in lieu of the Lariat (S FL is too hot for leather anyway!). This truck is totally awesome, and everyone is impressed at how much room there is. You sacrifice a bit with only a 5 1/2 foot bed, but what's 6 inches!! If I wanted less people room and more bed (and a less powerful engine) I'd have bought the Dodge!

I now have room to take family and friends on the boat and spare them from driving. The 5.4 gives me plenty of power to pull my boat, all my passengers, and plenty of scuba gear. You almost forget that you are towing with this powerhouse! 4-wheel disc and ABS are definately a plus.

Make the front seat storage console for CDs, not casettes. I would like to see tires other than Generals as factory, but I guess its better than Firestone! Flareside makes the Roll N Lock cover install funny--you loose some width in the bed to make the opening square for the cover.