2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
nice truck
By Baubalu on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I,ve taken this truck on several vacations out west.,the gas mileage was pretty good. Driving in snow and ice this winter was great with the limited slip rear-end, who needs 4wd.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD
By pissonford on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

STARTING AT 1K MILES THE ENGINE KNOCKED LIKE A DIESEL UNTIL IT WARMED UP.(65 DEGREE WEATHER SO IT WAS NOT THAT COLD) FORD CLAIMS THAT PISTON SLAP IS NORMAL!!! WHEN RUNNING THE TRUCK KINDA HARD IN EVERY GEAR WHEN THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTED IT MADE A SCREECHING NOISE. (DEALER COULD NOT DUPLICATE) DRIVER SIDE DOOR RATTLED LIKE IT WAS FULL OF ROCKS. I HAD MORE FAITH IN MY 1985 F150 W/ 170k MILES THAN I HAD WITH MY 03 W/ 9K MILES THAT I LOST ALOT OF MONEY ON WHEN I TRADED IT IN, BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE MAKING ONE MORE PAYMENT ON!!!

Good and Bad
By jcpf250 on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '97 f-150 4.6 ran great but traded it in for a '03 f-150 5.4 because the '97 had 210,000 miles. The '97 never had major problems. The '03 I have pretty much sucks. Motor knocks on a cold start, tranny shifts funny, and the rear diff "grabs" when making a sharpe turn. Needless to say the '03 is for sale.

first truck
By Randy Hummel on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

First truck I've owned, so far, so goos. It is the work truck package.

Owner
By JJewett on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Best truck I have owned

Great Truck!
By Runnoft on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my second F-150 for a year now and can't say anything bad about it. Pulls 6,000 lb boat with ease, handles the snow like it's dry asphalt, and looks great while doing it. Recently challenged the safety claims and must say that the poor bumper review does not apply. I ended up sideswiping a small coupe that was in my blind spot at about 30 mph. Took out the whole side of the car (about $3,000 worth) and the damage to the truck....none. I ended up hitting the side of the car with my front bumber and the only damage was a streak of blue paint, which buffed out in 2 min. UNBELIEVABLE!I love this truck!

best truck out there.
By chack on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I coould not ask for much more out of a truck. It is a blast to drive. Quiet and smooth. The only thing I would improve on is the gas mileage, at 1.70 a gallon it is punching through the wallet quick. Great truck

Damn Good Truck
By Ford Truck on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Love the truck. Simple, fun to drive, and works for me. Looking for an all- around truck, 2WD, extended cab, for the family, can't do any better.

F-150 SuperCrew Lariat FX-4
By drmugavero on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My first nice vehicle. I went all out and got most options. The truck is beautiful inside and out. Roomy, comfortable ride. Heated leather captain chairs are very nice. I was a little weary buying an American truck because of all the stuff you hear about poor quality, but I must admit I'm very impressed. Although it's big it is easily maneuverable and the visibility is good. No blind spots. Rides up nice and high. After more than a year I still enjoy walking out to my truck every morning. Gas is pricey, but if you can afford to buy the truck chances are good that you can afford the gas.

Great Harley
By LBR on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson Rwd Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Have had the Harley for 11 months and love it. My wife likes it more than I. Great comfort and power. I'm 62 years old and I have never had as many eyes checking out a vehicle as this one gets. We have owned four c-5 corvettes and only my wifes(yellow) vette gets more attention.