Used 2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford F-150 XLT Sport
By Mitch on 02/03/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I really love my F-150. I have always wanted an F-150, and when I bought mine I haven't been let down. Around town or on the highway, it definitely does not disappoint.

bad ride
By ilersg on 02/02/05 01:38 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck looks good but on the concrete freeways it has a real bad washboard ride the whole way. I asked the dealer if there was anything I could do to improve the ride and they said not to their knowledge. So now I will buy a GMC.

Bestest Truck
By Mike on 01/13/05 19:28 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Recently bought this truck used. My first BIG TRUCK. Also my first V8. Awesome power added with the 4X4 and you have a powerful truck that can do just about anything you may ask it to. You can't go wrong with the best built truck on the market. I recently slid on some ice and hit a guardrail going about 35mph and I was not hurt at all and the truck only had some fender damage (and the airbags work!). FORD TOUGH is right on - probably saved me from being hurt.

Simple but pure truck...
By JMA on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, head turning, responsive, extremely reliable, muscular build and all at an inexpensive price. I added a low profile LeBra tonneau bed cover which made it look even sharper and improved gas mileage. This is my 5th new F150. I actually like it better than the '99 extended cab XLT short box that I traded in on this one. JUST PURE FUN!!

FX4 Rules
By 03fx4 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

From a former Chevy owner this truck is great! I have had no problems with this truck. The 4.6l could use a little more power but is solid and reliable engine.

Reliable, quick, and looks good
By Cbjulian on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2003 XL Sport with with all the options that come on an XL. The 5- spd mated to the 4.2 makes a good combo. The truck is surprisingly quick and handles well for a pickup. The ride leaves somthing to be desired but isnt bad on the highway. The truck has been very reliable with no problems. Ford has stuck by their warranty and my dealership was great.

Fun for $2.50 a gallon
By stodd on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is by far the fun pedal of the new car market.After the new wears off, smoking burnout for the youngsters, (I'm 54)its still a lot of grins, if you want for an everday driver FORGET it. It's like having a Street Rod without the work.

Just Got
By geslou on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Second super crew I've had. Truck is very nice. Interior is a little plain.

Great Truck
By humps on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck to drive, plenty of room for a family. Very short bed but the interior makes up for that.

Basic Truck
By nomad62 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck mainly to commute to work, with the occasional bed hauling duty in mind. I was surprised to see that the truck would actually get 20 mpg if I watched the right foot. It is the 4.2 liter six so it does not have the oomph of the V8's Ford offers but for my use the 6 is more than adequate. The tranny shifts smoothly and operates seamlessly. I recently drove from Houston, TX to Salem, OR in 3 days and was surprised at the trucks willingness to provide comfort and considerable control over all road surfaces as very little of the trip was taken on the interstate. I am pleased with this truck and would gladly buy it all over again.