2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Simple but pure truck...
By JMA on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, head turning, responsive, extremely reliable, muscular build and all at an inexpensive price. I added a low profile LeBra tonneau bed cover which made it look even sharper and improved gas mileage. This is my 5th new F150. I actually like it better than the '99 extended cab XLT short box that I traded in on this one. JUST PURE FUN!!

FX4 Rules
By 03fx4 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

From a former Chevy owner this truck is great! I have had no problems with this truck. The 4.6l could use a little more power but is solid and reliable engine.

Reliable, quick, and looks good
By Cbjulian on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2003 XL Sport with with all the options that come on an XL. The 5- spd mated to the 4.2 makes a good combo. The truck is surprisingly quick and handles well for a pickup. The ride leaves somthing to be desired but isnt bad on the highway. The truck has been very reliable with no problems. Ford has stuck by their warranty and my dealership was great.

Fun for $2.50 a gallon
By stodd on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is by far the fun pedal of the new car market.After the new wears off, smoking burnout for the youngsters, (I'm 54)its still a lot of grins, if you want for an everday driver FORGET it. It's like having a Street Rod without the work.

Just Got
By geslou on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Second super crew I've had. Truck is very nice. Interior is a little plain.

Great Truck
By humps on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck to drive, plenty of room for a family. Very short bed but the interior makes up for that.

Basic Truck
By nomad62 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck mainly to commute to work, with the occasional bed hauling duty in mind. I was surprised to see that the truck would actually get 20 mpg if I watched the right foot. It is the 4.2 liter six so it does not have the oomph of the V8's Ford offers but for my use the 6 is more than adequate. The tranny shifts smoothly and operates seamlessly. I recently drove from Houston, TX to Salem, OR in 3 days and was surprised at the trucks willingness to provide comfort and considerable control over all road surfaces as very little of the trip was taken on the interstate. I am pleased with this truck and would gladly buy it all over again.

bad ride
By M Shane on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson Rwd Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is sweet, have had nothing but good luck with ford trucks since I was a kid. This is the best one of all.

nice truck
By Baubalu on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I,ve taken this truck on several vacations out west.,the gas mileage was pretty good. Driving in snow and ice this winter was great with the limited slip rear-end, who needs 4wd.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD
By pissonford on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

STARTING AT 1K MILES THE ENGINE KNOCKED LIKE A DIESEL UNTIL IT WARMED UP.(65 DEGREE WEATHER SO IT WAS NOT THAT COLD) FORD CLAIMS THAT PISTON SLAP IS NORMAL!!! WHEN RUNNING THE TRUCK KINDA HARD IN EVERY GEAR WHEN THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTED IT MADE A SCREECHING NOISE. (DEALER COULD NOT DUPLICATE) DRIVER SIDE DOOR RATTLED LIKE IT WAS FULL OF ROCKS. I HAD MORE FAITH IN MY 1985 F150 W/ 170k MILES THAN I HAD WITH MY 03 W/ 9K MILES THAT I LOST ALOT OF MONEY ON WHEN I TRADED IT IN, BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE MAKING ONE MORE PAYMENT ON!!!