2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Finally a 4-door truck
By ChrisS on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've been on the fence since this truck came out. I was looking forward to a 4-door truck, as the SUVs just couldn't do the dirty jobs that trucks can. I didn't want to spend the money, but with the new model coming out in 2004 I figured this was finally the time. I went all out and got the 5.4 with the complete towing package in lieu of the Lariat (S FL is too hot for leather anyway!). This truck is totally awesome, and everyone is impressed at how much room there is. You sacrifice a bit with only a 5 1/2 foot bed, but what's 6 inches!! If I wanted less people room and more bed (and a less powerful engine) I'd have bought the Dodge!

Classic ford quality
By edog on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Beautiful Truck!! Our second F- 150, has held up to almost every expectation.

A little disappointed!
By Elizabeth Devlin on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought the 2003 Supercrew 4.6 liter, and the gas economy is horrendous. The tires are horrible as they made my truck shake until I hit speeds of 60+. Have to reach up and far to even change the radio. Not made for shorter, smaller people. Shouldn't have test driven a Lariat...

king of the road
By nathan25 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a silverado prior to buying this truck and the ford wins hands down. More room, comfort and capability makes up for what little difference there is in performance. My wife steals it at every possible opportunity.

NICE TRUCK
By Steve456 on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck with a 5.4L engine although edmunds didnt give me that choice...people if you are looking for a truck your search has just stopped. One of the best..spend the extra money and get a 5.4 instead of a 4.6. Great all around truck

Versatile
By ray70 on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I needed a vehicle that could haul 5 adult passengers, a reasonable sized payload, do well on snowy and icy roads (Montana), and do well on eroded, rocky, unmaintained forest service road. I think I bought the perfect vehicle. It is truly fun vehicle to drive and rides extremely well. I am tired after a 12 hour drive, but not exhausted. It get reasonably good gas mileage (not great) for big truck. Thus far it has been extremely reliable. I love my truck and look for reason to drive it.

Best Value Truck / SUV
By ddent01 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked up my 03 F150 S'Crew. Overall very pleased with fit & finish. I consider this to be the best overall value truck/SUV on the market. Seating for six and great interior. Really like the sporty look and comfortable ride ! Just couldn't talk myself into a van. Would like to have waited for the new 04, but once I read they're going to lifetime transmission fluid I knew the 03 was for me.

King Ranch Love
By kevin7 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I recently purchased the F-150 Super Crew King Ranch 4x2 5.4L. The interior of the truck has a Western leather look and feel that is most appealing. With the 5.4L power plant I feel like the King of the road.

2003 Screw 4wd XLT 5.4L
By firstford on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I usually buy imorts, as I drive vehicles until they die. But with two kids we just needed the extra room. Our maiden weekend voyage allowed us to pack everything from food to strollers. Got 17.5 mpg on our first tank(5.4L) which is close to what I get with my 93 Pathfinder - but this has way more power. Rides great on the highway.

GREAT AMERICAN TRUCK
By dncerc on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

ONLY 1 PROBLEM IN 10000 MILES. MODULE FOR CLOSING THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW WENT OUT. THATS IT.