Used 2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Luxury Truck....SWEET
By J

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several small trucks and planned on buying a new Ford due to the great employee discounts. While looking, I found this 2003 F150 super crew Lariat FX4 with 31,000 miles. The options it had were amazing (power moonroof, heated seat, etc.). I felt like I was driving a luxury car. They wanted a lot of money but I did it and it is still early, but I LOVE THIS TRUCK! It's powerful, smooth, comfortable and SHARP. I hope I still feel this way in the years to come. AWESOME TRUCK (even though the dealer stuck it to me).

Favorite Features

Sharp looking. Lots of smooth power. Power moonroof, power slider, heated leather, 6 disc, bed extender. The gas mileage hasn't seemed that bad.

Suggested Improvements

No complaints right now.

awesome rig
By brent

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been awesome. I searched around until I found one with a 3.73 limited slip rear end; it has tons of power with the 5.4. The King Ranch leather is a lot nicer than the Lariat; the mileage is actually ok for a fairly large truck with a big v8. Owned Chevys and Toyotas and this truck rides smoother, has better build quality, and gets a lot more complements about the interior and exterior styling.

Favorite Features

Saddle tan seats, power seats, moon roof, power sliding rear glass, power pedals, 5.4 V8, 3.73LS differential, smooth ride, awesome color (blue/silver).

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice to hit the 300 hp mark like the ugly new F-150.

Great Truck, Tons of Room
By Big Mech

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having a 1994 Ranger STX, I'm hooked on having a pickup, but needed something I could fit the expanding family in. The Super Crew fit the bill perfectly. I'm 6'6" and this a very comfortable for me. It's great for the snow here in New England, and is easy to drive considering how big it is. The 5.4L has more than enough power to get this truck around. We have had it for 2 years with no problems, and the gas mileage is better than expected, as it's no worse than my Ranger which had the 4.0L V6

Favorite Features

Crew Cab is just awesome, a pickup for family guys.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires, I hate the Generals that came with it. Other than that, it is great.

Very Nice Truck
By TommyBoy

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is by far the most reliable of them yet. Maybe after a few years then new F-150's will bypass the milestone Ford has set for the reliability of its F-150 models.

Favorite Features

Everything except the 2WD grille and bumper.

Suggested Improvements

Put some bigger tires on it. Look into better wheel styles. Keep the front ends the same, I have many problems when ordering parts with different grille styles, different bumpers. I don't know why they had to change the bumper and grille so that the 4WD and 2WD are different.

Typical Ford Truck
By Greg

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I rated the mileage at a 7, but honestly it is on par for the type vehicle it is. But it is costly for just running around town. It has been on several long trips with 4 and luggage and actually performs well on the road. Super low end torque for trailer towing. Rides smoother than most cars and handles pretty good as well.

Favorite Features

Love the saddle leather and the premium radio. And the heated seats are a blessing even in the deep south on cold rainy mornings. Couldn't ask for more interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear ac/heat vents and maybe controls. Navigation screen. Real wood trim.