Used 2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

best truck out there.
By chack

2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I coould not ask for much more out of a truck. It is a blast to drive. Quiet and smooth. The only thing I would improve on is the gas mileage, at 1.70 a gallon it is punching through the wallet quick. Great truck

leg room. I am 6 foot 3 inches and I am very comfortable in this truck..

fuel economy

Exellent Truck
By 4.6V8

2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

It didnt have the trim option avaliable for my truck so I chose the closest thing. My truck is a XLT, regular cab, short bed, 4.6 V8, and an auto tranny. This by far is my favorite vehicle, it is very comfortable and the design is exellent. The engine is also very powerful and when you step on the gas, it really goes!

The 4.6 V8

I got everything I wanted in that truck, sure I could have bought a more expensive trim but for what I paid I got everything I wanted and more.

2003 Ford F150 flareside, my new toy!
By Bill Kalabch

2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second F150, and this is also my second great experience with Ford trucks. Why buy a compact truck when for the same money you get a heavy duty truck with twice the cab room and payload. It rides like sedan, and gets you to 75 mph (only the 6) with no problems. Of course, I wish the milage was the same as my Rav 4, but you can't have everything, at least not in the 03 model.

The ride is great and I think the power is excellent for a 6 cyl. Like a SUV, you sit higher and feel safer and incontrol on the freeway.

25 mpg would be the way to go, vice the current 20 mpg. If Ford could take the lead on improved MPG on their full size truck, they could not make enough to satisfy the American truck buyer.

F150 4x4 6 cyl.
By offrdford

2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The 4.2 Liter has some guts but not quite like the 300 ci inline 6 cyl. However, it has done everything I've asked of it including pulling 2 very large Quarter Horses in a 3000 lb. trailer. Off-road this truck will go almost anywhere and I mean anywhere- very impressive.

The 4 wheel drive ability and the overall durability of the truck inside and out.

New F-150, problems already
By MRG

2003 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The truck was great for the first 650 miles with no problems. I am not too happy about the body design and the fact that it is a Ford, since I have had problems with Fords in the past. At 720 miles the oil pressure switch broke and was replaced by the dealer at no charge.... hopefully this is the first and last thing to break for a while.

The truck has comfortable seats and a powerful interior fan. The V6 delivers plenty of power when the truck is empty with good gas mileage (18-21mpg avg).

The clutch pedal is very hard to reach, while I feel too close to the gas and brake pedal. (I am 5'8). The mirrors are WAY too small for the truck. Larger side rear view mirrors would be a huge improvement to the truck.